Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best vans and pics ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I’ll be looking for a new van from December onwards/new year. Do you think I’ll be able to get a good deal? I’ve never bought a new vehicle before. 

For good deals on new vans go straight to vans direct. You’ll get medium sized vans with 1tonne plus payloads and mid range options for like 14-15k before vat.

obviously depends on a few factors but as a bench mark. Consider used vans from dealers are in the region of 7-10k plus and you start to see there’s not much extra to pay for warranty and knowing no one else has mistreated it before you.

bought a used van once. Drove great. 6 weeks later engine was toast and needed replacing. Won’t personally bother with a used van again.

experiences vary but the chance of vans being abused is higher as they are usually driven by people who don’t own them so don’t generally care for them like they would their own. Shame but reality. 

Can you post pictures of your medium sized vans setups? Can not find any recent pictures with wfp setups on the forum, show off your nice new vans and setups ?

Not sure what you want to see but hears a few of our vans
Thanks Pjj. Good to see how you use space in bigger vans. Surprised they are so much bigger than my caddy and still full ?

How many leisure batteries and what size do you use to power 2 man hot water system to do 7hrs days? Charged at home daily in addition to split relay? Thanks!

Thanks Pjj. Good to see how you use space in bigger vans. Surprised they are so much bigger than my caddy and still full ?

How many leisure batteries and what size do you use to power 2 man hot water system to do 7hrs days? Charged at home daily in addition to split relay? Thanks!
We have haze 180 amp  AGM  X2 in each van with a custom charging system  we don’t have split charge just mains 

Mercedes Benz Vito gets my vote. I've had years of super-reliable service from them. I don't know what the payload is. I have a 650ltr flat tank, two operators, two reels, two heavy leisure batteries, a backpack permanently strapped to an alloy sack truck, short double ladder inside, heavy duty tele ladder also inside and a large double ladder on the roof. Lots of other equipment also permanently carried inside. The Vito walks away with it, no problem.

View attachment 20619
Best vans around them

mate 

Best vans around them

mate 
Thanks @Dt 20, I really can't say as I have no recent experience with any other vans to make an informed comparison. The last time I drove vans that weren't Vitos was contractors Transits twenty years ago. I like the drive, reliability (though I can't speak for whether that's other people's experience) and size of the Vitos and I quite like the German quality badge as well, though I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that slight snobbery. ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-Vito114-Bluetec-2143cc-window-cleaning-van-Euro-6-engine-18000-inc-vat/133674325282

2018 vito for sale, are they still good vans? What should I offer for it? My offer of £14k was declined... thanks!
I know nothing about the newer Bluetec Vitos. I'd be afraid to advise anyone on how to spend thousands of pounds. A few hundred for poles, batteries etc is a different matter to advise. We can be fairly sure of what we'll get for the money. The money involved in buying a van is a different matter and it's always possible to buy a bad'en of any make or model.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Wish I had a bigger van as have to try a try gutter vac, poles and genie in here at some point and that without the portable wfp system. Tried to utilise the ply as much as possible but ran out of space. 

Have space in front of tank but didn't want to clog that up, no choice now I think . Next van will absolutely be a bigger one. 

20210204_231021.jpg

20210314_105824.jpg

20210314_105941.jpg

20210314_105959.jpg

Love my Vivaro, had an old Peugeot Expert that I bought cheap when I first setup in 2009 just to get me going, did'nt think I would get more than a couple of years out of it, but the old girl lasted 9 years!!, and I worked her hard, but in the end she fell to bits around me, lol, so in 2018 I invested in a 4 year old Vivaro Sportive, was a huge step up from the Peugeot, like moving from a caravan to a mansion, and a much more pleasant place to spend my working day, and I fell in love with her instantly, local signwriting company designed me a simple but effective livery, it does the job and that livery has bought me in more work than any other form of advertising.

32644932_2028357207426391_3839878200607899648_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back