Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bloody forecasters

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yes forecasts can be quite annoying, I never ever take any notice more than 24hrs in advance. But I’ve looked at 6/7pm before while booking in work, and then it’s been very different 12/13hrs later when I wake up.
Thankfully Dorset seems to have missed a lot of the bad stuff this week, just Monday morning off, then the first couple of hours Thursday morning. I’ll work in light rain, but not heavy rain.
But the whole weekend down here looks bad, which will probably end up being right! 

What weather forecasts do you use?

Yes forecasts can be quite annoying, I never ever take any notice more than 24hrs in advance. But I’ve looked at 6/7pm before while booking in work, and then it’s been very different 12/13hrs later when I wake up.
Thankfully Dorset seems to have missed a lot of the bad stuff this week, just Monday morning off, then the first couple of hours Thursday morning. I’ll work in light rain, but not heavy rain.
But the whole weekend down here looks bad, which will probably end up being right! 

What weather forecasts do you use?
I use the bbc weather app and watch the local weather as a rough guide, despite it saying 50mph winds for Tuesday or gusty up to I still sent out texts the night before with the first words been weather permitting, I had to dodge the wind as best I could that day and covered 4 different estates across town cherry picking the sheltered areas, I still managed 27 jobs despite it been the worst day of the week for the wind 

I use the bbc weather app and watch the local weather as a rough guide, despite it saying 50mph winds for Tuesday or gusty up to I still sent out texts the night before with the first words been weather permitting, I had to dodge the wind as best I could that day and covered 4 different estates across town cherry picking the sheltered areas, I still managed 27 jobs despite it been the worst day of the week for the wind 
I would of done 28, but 27 is ok I suppose 

I would ve stayed in one place and bashed out 10 jobs in 4 hours at 3 times the price  of your work and be finished by 3pm.....?

With 200L left over.....
All depends on the work to be done, I had ten 3 storey townhouses in one block, they simply couldn't be done in high winds and more to do on each day of this past week 

I use a free weather app on my Android phone. It's called, Windy. I find it to be very good. I use it for work and for sea kayaking. It's used by light aircraft pilots and mariners as well.

The menu includes amongst other things : pressure isobars, wind, rain, wind gusts, reported wind, temperature, reported temperature, radar and satellite. There are also other choices such as sea swell predictions for anyone interested in what's going on at sea.

it's very easy and pleasant to use, and mostly fairly accurate.

It can take a bit of time to get used to it as there's so much on there, but for me it's the go to source for information as I can track weather and sea conditions from hundreds of miles out in the Atlantic and watch them approach.

⚓?

Sometimes I'm left absolutely baffled by the tangent Scottish can take a thread on. I swear he has a reply in his head to a different thread but just clicks on the first thing he sees ?

Yeah I agree, I'm going to b&q shortly to get a few bits to tidy my van up, putting a ramp access in, don't know whether it will work but we will see   ; )

Latest Posts

Back