Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

cleaning my own windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I’ve always thought that cleaning all frames was an essential part of wfp cleaning to ensure a perfect finish with any problem trickle vents etc being dealt with on the first clean to make life easier in the future. That being said I do agree with Adam and sometimes without the help of a jet wash some vents can’t be 100% cleaned just with a pole,especially some of the older ones so I can see where he’s coming from. I tend to stay away from the ones where you get the trickle vent on a separate piece of plastic above the actual window and that’s not joined into the fame. These seem to just run for fun. In my area there are still lots of old school traders that don’t do frames at all. They wipe the sills but the only time they touch the frames is accidentally whilst detailing and cleaning their mess up. Tbh this is how I used to operate back when I was 100% trad as that’s the way everyone did it round here. It’s not deceitful or half a job if the custy knows exactly what they are getting and paying for. It’s only since the introduction of wfp onto domestic property’s that traders have started upping their game and including frames to keep up with the competition. It’s all about expectation and if you sell your self as doing everything every time then they are gonna expect that. Some of my custys I’ve been doing for the best part of twenty years back before I included frames so when I started cleaning via wfp they were buzzing when there frames got cleaned and thought they were getting something for nothing. Really we both won because I also cut my cleaning time down in the process of converting to wfp. Nowadays all new customers are told that frames, sills and pvc/composite doors are included in the quote so they know exactly what to expect and what they are paying for.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Top answer @DaveShaw how it should be done, If some window cleaners are offering up a 5 star service to clients but only providing a 3 star service then clients are not getting what they assumed they were paying for. 

Not all trad cleaners were leaving frames I was always cleaning them I can't resist if they are dirty.

Sometimes see dirty gutter or fascia and can't resist for any newbies it's a good thing it's definitely made me stand out from others

From my very 1st clean. My own. Everything gets cleaned from top to bottom.
It's a full clean every time but it now flys and it's a doddle.

Clean every window like your own MRS wants it doing....

Unless she's a dirty b1tch.
Ooo I say!!

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The reason i don't clean top frames unless dirty is not to be lazy. It's to avoid problems such as vents and bad seals. I am more of doing a good job when I wipe downstairs windows top frames  with a microfibre than I am if I pole them.

With upstairs windows, they are not often dirty enough to be able to make out from the ground hence why they would be cleaned less often. 

If it's dirty clean it, if it's clean already then it's clean, you are only making the job longer than it needs to be.

Never had anyone tell me there top frames are dirty...because they are not, I've either cleaned the dirt off or they were clean already. Hence why no quality issues. 

Some of use don't get £15-£20 quid a semi so perhaps have to look for marginal gains to improve turnover.

It's a business, not a hobby so for me you should be going as fast as you can whilst still providing a service the customer is happy with. If you are getting compliants slow down a bit and if you are not you can probably speed up a bit.

[mention=2396]Teaboy[/mention]
Aup,

I’m just saying, if my lads missed a top frame they would be sent back to do it again.

Reputation is paramount at any cost in this game if you want to be succession.

You want to be the comparison not the culprit

Ie we do everything joe bloggs does, not we do the whole frame unlike joe bloggs.

Aup,

I’m just saying, if my lads missed a top frame they would be sent back to do it again.

Reputation is paramount at any cost in this game if you want to be succession.

You want to be the comparison not the culprit

Ie we do everything joe bloggs does, not we do the whole frame unlike joe bloggs.

Youre missing my point. The frames i clean are clean, you wont find any dirty frames on my round...

i just dont clean them when they are already clean

I dont have any issues with qualty on my round, employees would be told to clean them exactly the way i do it, as thats how i like it done.

Youre missing my point. The frames i clean are clean, you wont find any dirty frames on my round...

i just dont clean them when they are already clean

I dont have any issues with qualty on my round, employees would be told to clean them exactly the way i do it, as thats how i like it done.
I think your missing the frames, next you will be telling us you skip the bathroom windows [emoji23][emoji23]

My van looks clean from 10ft away but it's usually dirty. [emoji6]

County Durham Lad

I think your missing the frames, next you will be telling us you skip the bathroom windows
emoji23.png
emoji23.png

My van looks clean from 10ft away but it's usually dirty.
emoji6.png

County Durham Lad

im not misssing the frames

i clean the downstairs TOP FRAMES with a microfibre IF they are dirty

Upstairs windows TOP FRAMES i clean if they look dirty

the rest of the frames, sills doors, glass i clean as normal

Youve just proved my point, standing and looking at upstairs top frames they look clean, which is where everyone looks at them from, me, you , the public and the customer... unless you assume customers go upstairs stick their head out of the window and look at them from 6 inch away?

Id rather clean my way, then leave vents dripping spots down the glass.

Back