Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customers requesting cleans weekends and evenings?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bella Gowrie

Hi there,

Just wondering what you guys do about customers requesting you come 'on Thursday after 7pm' or saying 'could you do Saturday before 11am?'. We've been getting a lot of that recently and I tend to say we're not in the area, but I'm not sure where people get the idea from that we work 24/7? I understand some people work full time, but there doesn't seem to be any need for it, especially as 95% of our customers' houses have access to the back for when they aren't in. Do you tell them straight or should I carry on saying that we're only in the area at certain times?

Thanks in advance

I know a lot of people don't think we are, but we are trades men and as a trades man I charge an out of hours call out charge. If they want you on a weekend or evening at a certain time then charge them for the privilege. The more you don't want the hassle the higher the charge.

Im open from 8-to 4 in the afternoon -mon -friday . ( for domestic ) now and then as for today i startet at 6.45 at an inside apartment . Other than that i dont do . Simple as that .

People seem to think you are their only to serve them

They need putting straight

Sorry madam, our hours are 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday. You don't need to be home just ensure access is available so we can get round to clean the windows, we will leave a receipt and payment details are on there. If you do need out of hours service (evenings / weekends) it will be (££ cost of window cleaning ££) plus £45 late call out charge.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed, regards, Bucket Bob.

They have now been given all the choices, it is up to them to decide what they want to pay and when they want you to come.

If you cave and go at 7pm on a Thursday then you wont have the customer for long as in just 3 months from now it will be dark at 7pm again.

Stand firm but polite, this will sort the chaff from the wheat.

as some know we do new build work and they are always chancing it.

any chance of a weekend worker, or could you hold back for the painter to finish etc.

no, and no. unless you write out a sheet stating it needs to be done after hours in which case theres a call out plus its 1.5x for the time worked.

You either win and get a hefty package out of a 4hr shift or they somehow manage to survive until a sensible time the next day or monday. funny that

i can understand for one of jobs you may want to go out of your way at a premium price but regular window cleaning at 7pm?

:laugh:

Back