Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do You Feel Embarrassed When You Tell People Your Job

WCF

Help Support WCF:

watty1980

Just wondering guys.sometimes I do when I'm being introduced to someone for the first time and they ask you what you do for a living,.i mean I make good money and no one tells me what to do,but to others it's not a very glamorous job

Im in the process of giving up my lettings manger job to become a window cleaner lol, honestly would u digrade someone who said they were a cleaner or a dustman, no, so why feel embarrassed when u say what u do.

I honestly think the only time i would lie about what i do is if i were a traffic warden or in politics!!!!

Makes absolutely no difference what you do. You have a job, that's what matters.

Majority of my friends don't work, but they will always say fair play to me for getting off my butt!

I have some friends that stayed on at school, went to uni and are now working in subway.. Who feels embarrassed?

Window cleaning is dirty hard work, but you will be or should be earning a lot more than the majority of the people these days, so you shouldn't feel embarrassed! I actually love it!

Not me. I had a Hi flying job in sales and marketing for many years. A wage is wage, we are who we are. How many people finish uni yet when they finish, they never go into the job they are qualified for, and end up been a barman or working in a warehouse. I advertised a job on Gumtree last year, the amount of CV's that I had and job description made me think why bother with uni at all...

I dont give 2 hoots what people think after the **** ive been through these past 18 months

Im earning more per hr than I ever have and earning more per hr than anyone else I know that is employed by someone else .

I love laughing at the wage slaves !!

Thanks for your input guys.I do love my job,but sometimes I feel that I wish I was more than someone that cleans bird **** off peoples windows,but as some say it's better to be in a job than having no job at all,as I'm aware there are people out there that can't find work,and in that respect Iam thankful

My customers would give me a funny look at first when I told them I was a computer engineer for 20 years and at the end of the month I will be a full time window cleaner. but I will be earning the same as I was in my full time job and only have to work 3 or 4 days a week, and not even a full day.

I would just say I now work for myself and I have more freedom and work closer to home. Almost everyone knows windys work hard, there is no reason to be embarrassed, you earn more than a lot of your customers and you can get a pay rise every week if you want.

Nope. "I'm the managing director of a property cleaning company." That's what I say. But even before I went ltd, I told folks that I ran my own cleaning business. No one seemed to mind.

Can't stop em laughing when I described the sorts of days I have or the fool I work for or what he pays me for what I do but may be less embarrassed when I'm cleaning windows always someone worse off pal

Back