Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Elbow joints!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

When I started shops in Harrow in 1993 I always had a wet rag over my shoulder, as everyone did in those days. One wet, one dry. Then after about 6 months or so, a windie who'd been at it 20 years said take that rag off your shoulder, telling me he had arthritis cos of it. I never stuck a wet one on my shoulder again. Gotta listen to old farts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most definitely.
Well, I never. Well it's been 3 years, so now I must stop rinsing at 30ft+ Dunno why, I just thought it would leave spotting on them. I'm such a perfectionist. Too much probably. But my health is more important, so gonna try without rinsing from now on.

You do rinse but you rinse on the glass

Keep the brush on the glass to take the weight and build up a head of water then move the brush down the glass to rinse

Use a mono instead of a flocked brush so the bits can fall through the brush although i do it sometimes with my flocked brush

About halfway through this vid

[media]

[/media]

Still rinse......but just with the brush in the glass. There's an Alex Gardiner vid kicking around which is helpful. It was posted a couple of days ago on here.

No I'm hiding from the rain for a bit

Got soaked earlier and it was getting too heavy even for me

Going back out in a bit as it has eased off

I actually thought I'd arthritis but was tested lol, I just keep saying it's all in my head lol

Well, I never. Well it's been 3 years, so now I must stop rinsing at 30ft+ Dunno why, I just thought it would leave spotting on them. I'm such a perfectionist. Too much probably. But my health is more important, so gonna try without rinsing from now on.
As others have said, you rinse with your brush on the glass.

At that height I use an Extreme stiff brush with my SLX40. You have to rinse on the glass at that height with a higher than usual flow rate.

I'm so glad of this forum. I've picked up so much valuable information from it. In starting this thread about my elbow, I can feel it in my knees also!! It's been there a while, but being a typical bloke I never even paid attention to it. Gonna order knee supports too! Thanks again.

Accident at work. For example,I slipped down some basement steps and hurt my hand. There was bruising but for weeks after I often thought that I had broken a bone, damaged ligaments etc etc but eventually the pain went and my hand was fine.

At the time the best thing for me to have done was double check with a doctor as maybe I could have damaged it but work was busy, I'm a 'man' blah blah blah.......that's what I meant by 'head stuff'

I'm so glad of this forum. I've picked up so much valuable information from it. In starting this thread about my elbow, I can feel it in my knees also!! It's been there a while, but being a typical bloke I never even paid attention to it. Gonna order knee supports too! Thanks again.

must say this is a great forum some really gd guys on here it has helped me loads in the past

Back