Fine silty grain

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by seye, Nov 30, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. seye

seye Forum Addict

Hey folks,

This morning I was cleaning a glass canopy above a restraunt entrance. It was filthy with that green algae stuff. I pre sprayed with virosal to loosen grime and then cleaned and rinsed with pure water a normal. It looked a million times better and am really pleased with result. But I still saw some fine grain sitting on glass, as it dried it did look better but no matter how much I rinsed it didn't seem to want rinse down of the glass. Not really noticable if you were not looking for it but just wondered what else I could have done to get it completely off as it was not ingrained or stuck to glass just wouldnt rinse off.
    Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Karcher wet vac works well as I found out :D

3. seye

seye Forum Addict

That would be a sight to be seen lol, looks not far off a gutter vac those vacs

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You can spend hours with a wfp chasing bits off glass on a shallow pitched canopy/conservatory thats for sure so as long as the glass looks clean then thats good enough for me.

5. seye

seye Forum Addict

Yeh I agree Smurf to be honest it did look great but you know what its like it niggles these wee bits.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Yep I know exactly what you mean ;)

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

You could have been flushing dirt out of any struts joining the glass as you were rinsing? If I'm getting problems on a glass conny roof with dirt not rinsing away, I'll swap to a clean brush. It also helps to rinse on the glass doing this type of work too as getting a high flowing sheet of water that will rinse off bits at that type of angle is practically impossible using the flow rate of WFP.

8. seye

seye Forum Addict

Cheers Tuffers I was thinking of chucking a couple of buckets of normal water down it but I thought that would defeat the work of the pure water.

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I normally carry enough pure in the van to stick the wfp pump on full pelt to do a final rinse on glass roof panels.

10. seye

seye Forum Addict

I had plenty of water but full pelt didn't help degree angle of glass wasn't great to get a good momentum going probably next time I will have a barrel of pre made pure to give a final rinse as I make the pure on the go rather than pre.

Advertisement