Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

flipping hydrophobic glass!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The correct flow rate for your system whatever that may be I have mine set at 29 using x2 1.4mm pencil jet capsules this ensures a good flow of water and a fast rinse, rinse methodically from left to right top to bottom and no window should be an issue, I have some large bay windows on a main road which always have bits of debris on, those tiny little specks of black, Hydrophobic panes I rinse really close to the glass, hydrophillic I rinse on the glass using a Ultimate DuPont/Tapertec brush. 

I have had a similar problem with a few customers. In the end I discovered that it only happened with wooden painted windows and with a matt probably water based paint. As I scrubbed the frame I discovered the paint was actually leaching into the water and the only solution I have found it to charge the customer for me to hand dry the glass. Trying to not touch the frame simply did not work. Especially problematic with small panes.

I have had a similar problem with a few customers. In the end I discovered that it only happened with wooden painted windows and with a matt probably water based paint. As I scrubbed the frame I discovered the paint was actually leaching into the water and the only solution I have found it to charge the customer for me to hand dry the glass. Trying to not touch the frame simply did not work. Especially problematic with small panes.
 This is the biggest pain. Ive got customers in old properties that have these painted frames. I anticipate to get dumped anytime. I keep them till then, as need the custom. I wont get up there and trad them though as some are too high for me.

No 0

Thanks for that but nope...none the wiser ?  

Is that your latest passport photo? ? 
Yosemite Bart! The meanest, leanest, roughest, toughest, six gun shootn-st hombre that ever crossed the Rio-Grande!

The toughest, most fearest cowboy in the west!??

No 0

Yosemite Bart! The meanest, leanest, roughest, toughest, six gun shootn-st hombre that ever crossed the Rio-Grande!

The toughest, most fearest cowboy in the west!??
It's only a shame I can't take my horse with me as it craps in the gardens.  Still, the spurs will do......... ? The penny dropped.....eventually lol  

"I'm the rootinest tootinest hombre west of the peso"

Glad the penny dropped lol.. you'll get used to my sense of humour eventually. ??

Great video. Would never have considered rinsing on the glass and might try it on my own first. ?
I taught myself to wfp and started by rinsing on the glass..

Never had an issue but got told that was the wrong way to work so started rinsing off instead then decided my way was better.

Even on first cleans if the windows are not georgian or flaky frames etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna change to my rinse on brush for tomorrow fit my 100 degree fans and spend a few days doing rinse on glass myself. I noticed that in the vid he didn't let the frames dry but if frames are clean anyway can't really see an issue with that. Good luck Scottish cleaning services. Let us know how you got on.

Great video. Would never have considered rinsing on the glass and might try it on my own first. ?
Did you give it a try mate? Went back to useing my supreme rinse on brush with 100 deg fan jets with the flo set at 40. Still not sure about the jets. Going to try it with the 1.4 ml pencils tomorrow to see how I get on with those, Am loving the rinse on method. might try out a larger brush later on though.

Did you give it a try mate? Went back to useing my supreme rinse on brush with 100 deg fan jets with the flo set at 40. Still not sure about the jets. Going to try it with the 1.4 ml pencils tomorrow to see how I get on with those, Am loving the rinse on method. might try out a larger brush later on though.
The extreme sill is designed to give the 100s room for the fan to spread across the full width of the brush, there is clear space in the design over two short strips in the centre to give them "elbow room." That is important to get the full benefit. I should think you can trim any brush to do the same. When it's right you can turn the brush upside down and see two perfect fan patterns, a delight to see and super efficient. I don't have any personal experience of the ultimate. Again, a high enough flow and pressure to fizz on the glass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back