Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fumming!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Really cant thank you all enough, for the encouragement and the guidance and tutorials!!. I am behind by a day or so but Im going out tmora to canvas for the day. I have flyers printed ready for the customers that are not in, and im going to put a quote on each one that dosnt answer. Really looking forward to it as ive heard that we are getting a heat wave this weekend. so im gonna have three solid days of practice cleaning friends and family's windows for free etc. just want to get a feel for the problems I will come across.

One more question tho please /emoticons/biggrin.png

Do any of you canvas certain looking houses, my theory is someone that keeps there house and garden tidy is more than likely going to want a regular windy. Its just that my area is council and to be honest there is a lot of houses you just wouldn't even want to knock at. Any thoughts ?

I would canvas everyone or pick a different area sometimes its only when you collect money you find out what people are like, and then weed out the bad payers

Yes that's what im afraid of is bad payers. im thinking of maybe taking payment before I do the job to be honest. or at least knocking on. maybe with an excuse like " just wanted to make sure there is no naked people up stairs " what you reckon lol?

Knock knock - Hello missus I'm Jason your new local window cleaner so when would you like me to book you in? blaa blaa blaa...

Then you say something like “Great I will do them next Friday then ...that will be six squid please as only take payment in advance”

As a customer point of view I know what my missus would say to that...ON YOUR BIKE! (No pun intended)

I Always start at the back of house and finish at front door if possible.Doesnt take long spot bad payers.V hard/impossible to get advance payment until custy trusts u.Looks can be deceiving when it comes to good paying custys

Bad payers are far and few between. I always say I know where you live and laugh. Most people will be cool and pay you on the day . Get them trained into doing bank transfer or cheque posted onto you . I avoid Collecting at night

UPDATE. went out for an hour and a half this morning. seen two window cleaners on the same road and thought oh Christ. moved over a few blocks and got 6 customers on the same road. all want regular. told them id start Wednesday. oh and they are all bungalows. one wants the soffits and facia doing aswel. im pretty chuffed at the result from a couple hours knocking. :Image13:

Back