Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Cleaning Systems UK

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi, they look good, strong and light. They come with a bag. I'm doing a job tomorrow. I'll take photos and post them here. Where are you at?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Happy days, and that's from GCS ye? I'm in Kildare in Ireland, have a few jobs on overbthe weekend so gonna order them early next week, that and the bac. Glad the poles are good light and strong, I look forward to getting them now. 

Happy days, and that's from GCS ye? I'm in Kildare in Ireland, have a few jobs on overbthe weekend so gonna order them early next week, that and the bac. Glad the poles are good light and strong, I look forward to getting them now. 
Hi, yes I bought them from Alex Day GCS through eBay. Bought on the Saturday 15th Sept and didn't get them until Wednesday 26th Sept. I had a problem with getting the vac hose end to fit inside the poles. I'm using a Numatic with a 6.5 metre hose. I'm going to sand the hose end down so that it fits. I had to hack saw the end hose fitting inside the vac as it was blocking. I'm going to buy other attachments. I'll post the products. I've seen other people's recommendations on here.

Hi, yes I bought them from Alex Day GCS through eBay. Bought on the Saturday 15th Sept and didn't get them until Wednesday 26th Sept. I had a problem with getting the vac hose end to fit inside the poles. I'm using a Numatic with a 6.5 metre hose. I'm going to sand the hose end down so that it fits. I had to hack saw the end hose fitting inside the vac as it was blocking. I'm going to buy other attachments. I'll post the products. I've seen other people's recommendations on here.

http://www.autosiliconehoses.com/silicone-polyester-reinforced-hose-51mm-135-degree-elbow-15-colours.html

Brian Mullan said:
http://www.autosiliconehoses.com/silicone-polyester-reinforced-hose-straight-reducer-51mm-to-38mm-15-colours.html

I bought my CF poles back at the beginning of the year, using them with my old wetvac. Yes they’re budget, but I’ve been happy with them. Got 30ft originally and then ordered the extra 2 for a big job (didn’t need them in the end so still packaged).

Bearing in mind my wetvac is only a twin 850w with a 38mm hose, we cleared the gutters at a big quadrant of 3 storey flats with it. One side was lined with pine trees so had to to that side by hand off a tower and some of the downpipes by hand, but all of the rest it dealt with. Without issue.

I’d already heard before hand that these guys run this business on the side around still working as cleaners, and I certainly don’t answer my phone every time it rings in the middle of a job.

As long as you know what you’re expecting you’ll be fine, mine have more than paid for themselves and I’m happy

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

exactly pal, i spoke to alex before i bought my first guttervac and he was telling me he did as a day to day job as i was confused whether to go with a 3k vac or the smaller 1250w vac they did at the time and he gave me great advice telling me to stick with the smaller vac for domestics as he found they was generally better himself carting around the house and through the garage on jobs etc and they sucked everything needed out and he was spot on, mine never failed me.

ive just ordered a new set off them after i sold my last set as i'd stopped doing gutters and ive ordered the 30ft carbon pole set with the 1800w vac, hes since told me that theyre poles now are clamped and have metal inserts since i ordered my last set so im looking forward to recieving them early next week now but for £425 delivered i dont think you can beat them myself!

does anyone have a pic by the way of the new metal inserts in the carbon and the clamps out of interest!!

0e84deed5448d6b1499930e46d2ef0df.jpeg

The bottom section has a slightly wider metal tube for the silicone connector, all the other are the right size to slot into the section below.

The clamps are nothing special, I find the easiest way is to slot the tubes together and then manoeuvre the clamp so it’s half over each section (use the adjusting bolt as a guide and line it up with the seam)

Hope that makes sense

Brilliant looks better than how they used to just slot into each other but to be fair I never had any issues with them, Alex said they changed them to clamps as a few was complaining of sections sticking together.

That hose fitting is different to my old gcs set up I used to have pal, with they’re kit the hose fitting fits over the pole rather than inside like yours!

not sure what the new one will come with though!

I used a steak knife to file down the hose end thickness so that it fits snugly inside the CF Pole. The 6.5 metre Numatic Hose end wouldn't fit before.
Does anyone know how to deal with the inside transoms on the newer types of guttering? It's a ****** to get them done well with the vac & Pole.

Looking at that fitting most  I have seen go on the outside of the pole not on the inside I think you need a bigger cuff on the vac hose 

Ordered my set today from Alex, went with the 30ft full carbon poles and 5metre 51mm hose. He always replied in a very timely manner and I asked him about ten thousand questions and was very helpful with everything. Will see how long they take to get to me and I'll let ye know what their like when they arrive. Ill eagerly await their arrival. 

Hi @Rh4000 Well done, the poles are very good, they don't get stuck together because of the design. Use the thinner metallic looking end when you're connecting them to the vacuum.  The attachment ends are the same thickness as the metallic looking end and so fit perfectly inside the black end of the poles. On my first job, I started using them the wrong way because of problems with my vac hose not being an exact fit. A bit of a handling resulted as the attachments where only held on with the thickness of one clamp and didn't take long to fall off. My wife has a great expression to describe this: You're Always Stupid At The Start! But You Always Get There!

It’s a simple thing, but when I’m packing away I put the pole with the wider metal insert in the bag upside down! 

That way, when I open the bag I can see the end for the hose and also the end without a clamp which will be the top. Take these two out first and then however many you need in the middle (I usually use 1, 2 if there’s a conservatory)

Recieved my 1800w Carbon gutter set up from gcs today guys exactly on the day they said I’d recieve it!

having had a set in the past from them I always said you couldn’t beat the price and if anything the only thing I could knock in past was the carbon finish but having looked at these poles today the finish looks much more better and I like the metal pole sleeves they’ve changed too from the old tapered style, the clamps are turn and tighten rather then the lever clamps, think I’d prefer the levers but to be honest you only need to nip these up a turn to hold the sections together!

i’d definately recommend gcs to anyone thinking about buying a carbon guttervac set, I don’t think anybody else sells a similar set this cheap and its 51mm bore too over the smaller 38mm bores so less blockages.

Recieved my 1800w Carbon gutter set up from gcs today guys exactly on the day they said I’d recieve it!

having had a set in the past from them I always said you couldn’t beat the price and if anything the only thing I could knock in past was the carbon finish but having looked at these poles today the finish looks much more better and I like the metal pole sleeves they’ve changed too from the old tapered style, the clamps are turn and tighten rather then the lever clamps, think I’d prefer the levers but to be honest you only need to nip these up a turn to hold the sections together!

i’d definately recommend gcs to anyone thinking about buying a carbon guttervac set, I don’t think anybody else sells a similar set this cheap and its 51mm bore too over the smaller 38mm bores so less blockages.
Ye they look good, hopefully I'll have mine soon, I'm not the most patient person in the world so hopefully have them soon, have a few gutter jobs next week too so I'll give them a proper test. 

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back