Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New to the Industry - Looking for Advice!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Maybe I should hold off on the new van and set up

View attachment 18002
What I still find baffling to this day is why don't they price each item on the invoice, they just have 1 each then a grand total at the bottom,

be prepared for a long day when having the fitting done, I walked into town on the morning and got breakfast in Wetherspoons and spent some hours in there drinking coffee and reading my book, the shopping centre has sofas with usb charge points for phones so take your charge cable I also had a walk around town when the rain stopped and when I phoned and asked how long it would be I was told not to long but still waited an hour, it's a boring long day but the end result is worth it 

You'll also discover why it's called Grimsby ? when walking into to town, and why you wouldn't walk back the same way, although Andrew will offer to drop you off in town.  

Last edited by a moderator:
What I still find baffling to this day is why don't they price each item on the invoice, they just have 1 each then a grand total at the bottom,

be prepared for a long day when having the fitting done, I walked into town on the morning and got breakfast in Wetherspoons and spent some hours in there drinking coffee and reading my book, the shopping centre has sofas with usb charge points for phones so take your charge cable I also had a walk around town when the rain stopped and when I phoned and asked how long it would be I was told not to long but still waited an hour, it's a boring long day but the end result is worth it 

You'll also discover why it's called Grimsby ? when walking into to town, and why you wouldn't walk back the same way, although Andrew will offer to drop you off in town.  
Grippa is in Cambridge, much more to do there haha. Also given the prices some people have quoted I can't imagine the cost is much different.

Grippa is in Cambridge, much more to do there haha. Also given the prices some people have quoted I can't imagine the cost is much different.
It's not in Cambridge, it's in a tiny village miles out. Absolutely nothing to do there, at least with PF you can have a scenic walk round Grimsby, as long as you take your baseball bat with you ? GRIMsby is the correct name for the place. 

I got Grippa to quote me and were circa £3k more for like for like 

There are a number of Purefreedom systems around our part of the world and they are all well made products.

There was an issue with Tulsion resin a while back when there was a shortage and they were selling a knock off as the real stuff. Some of the advise given over the phone reported by some windies has been questionable but some has been good.

At the time of my enquiry I was considering a 4040 and as we had a water pressure of 40psi I was told at that pressure there would be no performance difference between an HF4 and HF5 membrane. I knew that wasn't right. They didn't get my business.

Listening to various windies on the forums, windies have reported both negative and positive comments regarding each of the electric reels made and sold by each of the suppliers.

Electric reels used by the Americans seem to always have good reviews, so why are 'we' different?

There is a video clip somewhere of an electric hose reel working and the hose connector doesn't run true. I would have a problem with this is its either a bend shaft or a badly machined hose connector. But this particular person thought nothing of it.

It's not in Cambridge, it's in a tiny village miles out. Absolutely nothing to do there, at least with PF you can have a scenic walk round Grimsby, as long as you take your baseball bat with you ? GRIMsby is the correct name for the place. 

I got Grippa to quote me and were circa £3k more for like for like 
Well I’ll take it to them and come pester you for the day. I’ll only charge you half of my 4K day rate though don’t worry.

With Grippa it's more than £1,500 just for a 300ltr tank and frame with no fittings at all, I paid £1,400 to have my 350ltr tank  fitted including pump controller etc and rollers through the floor, although I did already own my tank so that reduces the cost somewhat but only about £200 or less

There are a number of Purefreedom systems around our part of the world and they are all well made products.

There was an issue with Tulsion resin a while back when there was a shortage and they were selling a knock off as the real stuff. Some of the advise given over the phone reported by some windies has been questionable but some has been good.

At the time of my enquiry I was considering a 4040 and as we had a water pressure of 40psi I was told at that pressure there would be no performance difference between an HF4 and HF5 membrane. I knew that wasn't right. They didn't get my business.

Listening to various windies on the forums, windies have reported both negative and positive comments regarding each of the electric reels made and sold by each of the suppliers.

Electric reels used by the Americans seem to always have good reviews, so why are 'we' different?

There is a video clip somewhere of an electric hose reel working and the hose connector doesn't run true. I would have a problem with this is its either a bend shaft or a badly machined hose connector. But this particular person thought nothing of it.

100% agree with everything there. And for the record, as much as I am happy with my system, my hose reel connector on my PF electric reel doesn't run true either. I can't remember if it was like that from the start or it's happened over the time I've had it.

With Grippa it's more than £1,500 just for a 300ltr tank and frame with no fittings at all, I paid £1,400 to have my 350ltr tank  fitted including pump controller etc and rollers through the floor, although I did already own my tank so that reduces the cost somewhat but only about £200 or less
Thats interesting. Being serious for a moment I was looking at a 650L, 2 man delivery only system is £3230.15.  If PF are substantially cheaper than that I could go with that. What concerns me is the lack of transparency. People on here talking 5k systems (I assume these have RO built in) and they don't advertise prices

They have a shop on Ebay as well, here's an all singing and dancing system 2 man with booster pumps etc for just less than £3k. You can ring them you know and ask, they don't bite ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/650L-FULLY-FITTED-WATER-FED-POLE-WINDOW-CLEANING-SYSTEM-/250667389976?hash=item3a5cf0d418
Good shout, well done PT. I'm weighing up where to purchase it for maximum tax benefit. Don't wanna ring them until I'm ready to go, I'd hate someone to call me and say ''I'm thinking of having my windows cleaned next March'' ??

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have had both a 650l purefreedom tank/frame and currently have a grippatank, i bought both sytems secondhand so have not dealt with either company directly.

I would have no hesitation buying a brand new grippatank over any of the competition if i needed to. 

The grippatank is very well designed with window cleaning in mind. The baffling is fantastic, you get no sloshing or rocking and makes it much nicer to drive. The lower centre of gravity and compact foot print make it easy to position to get good weight distribution. The multiple threaded inlet/outlets give lots of choice when plumbing the system up, and mean no restrictions when running 2 pumps, the various captive nuts give you plenty of options for mounting components. And the lids dont leak!

Thats interesting. Being serious for a moment I was looking at a 650L, 2 man delivery only system is £3230.15.  If PF are substantially cheaper than that I could go with that. What concerns me is the lack of transparency. People on here talking 5k systems (I assume these have RO built in) and they don't advertise prices
£2600 total in photo 

3301551A-C99F-413D-A815-502002F306FD.jpeg

The baffling is fantastic, you get no sloshing or rocking and makes it much nicer to drive. The lower centre of gravity and compact foot print make it easy to position to get good weight distribution.
You can get different tanks from PF, the one illustrated is the cheap variety because I know @P4dstaris a cheapskate ?

Well I’ll take it to them and come pester you for the day. I’ll only charge you half of my 4K day rate though don’t worry.
Tie it in for when I'm working in Cambridge. I'll pick you up and show you a proper days work for free

I have had both a 650l purefreedom tank/frame and currently have a grippatank, i bought both sytems secondhand so have not dealt with either company directly.

I would have no hesitation buying a brand new grippatank over any of the competition if i needed to. 

The grippatank is very well designed with window cleaning in mind. The baffling is fantastic, you get no sloshing or rocking and makes it much nicer to drive. The lower centre of gravity and compact foot print make it easy to position to get good weight distribution. The multiple threaded inlet/outlets give lots of choice when plumbing the system up, and mean no restrictions when running 2 pumps, the various captive nuts give you plenty of options for mounting components. And the lids dont leak!
Thanks @High-tower. I saw they have these new fangled pole clamps that fit nicely to the top of the frame which solves an ongoing issue that my dispatch only has one crossbar in the roof to work with for pole storage.

Back