Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scratching Glass

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scottish cleaning service

On Saturday afternoon I got a text from an irate customer stating I scratched both

her glass windows after cleaning. It didn't make sense because her windows

were only 6 months old and I had reverted back to the squeegee. Went back up today to

see what she was talking about. I checked the glass from inside her house and they

were well and truly scratched like a continuous diamond pattern. I knew exactly where

they had come from, they had came from the manufacturing rollers when the units were

getting made. I had to press my finger against the outside of the glass so she could notice

that the scratches were on the inside of the glass units. The glass units were defective and would 

need to be replaced. The reason she only noticed it now was to do with the low level of the sun 

and she always kept her blind party down. She did feel pretty embarrassed that she had blamed

me for it and had discussed it with her neighbour who I also clean. It just goes to show how you can

clean winows for months and not notice it until the angle of the sun makes it blaringly obvious. ?

I had a customer phone me up one day to say that I had missed some bird poo on one of her upstairs windows, for two cleans. So I went round to have a look and there it was, a nice streak of Seagulls finest....on the inside of the window!

Back