Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Took my toy out for a little drive

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've had the Jags, Audi's etc but currently have 2 vans and the Wife's Dacia Stepway ? Don't need the flash vehicles nowadays as I don't drive anywhere outside of work.
It won't be used that much so hopefully wont loose too much value over the years depending on what i get but i bought a nice van with some nice features,

I reluctantly bought a new van even though my custom has only done 70k ? 

How do you find the SQ5?is it thirsty on fuel?

I wanted to get one but opted for just the Q5 as my wife mainly drives it.
Does  about 38 to the gallon and it’s over 400 hp so Ime more than happy with that , it is a noisy ride and bit jiggly around town compared  to the BMW M 3 and M5 though , been looking at the SQ7 but it’s a bit expensive ???

Very nice.Do you like the improvements and changes on this to your pre facelift model?Did you transfer your old tank or go for a completely new set up?
Latest franchisee takes my van and then I had a new grippatank system installed. Well it’s there now! Only change is the new 3D power up reels from waterworks and went for a 650 setup. 

I've had the Jags, Audi's etc but currently have 2 vans and the Wife's Dacia Stepway ? Don't need the flash vehicles nowadays as I don't drive anywhere outside of work.
That's like us with my wife having a Suzuki Ignis does this make me as old as you ?

Yep no windows, no powered steering and pretty much a go cart. 

I haven’t chosen this instead of a car it’s just a toy and that’s it really, I will still keep it for sunny days. 

B16 WCF - Big Window Cleaning Franchise. 

Defiantly the largest in Bedfordshire ? and I can see 10 vans on the road very soon indeed. 

Cant beat a little go kart lol how fast from 0-60? and its basically the adult version of the picture below  :D haha something different :D I bet its a lot of fun driving around in it lol

Good to see that your dominating your area Damo ;) haha u worked hard for where u are now so well done

How many vans u got on the road now ?
image.png

7 vans and a twizzy. 

I am a little undecided on what route to go now as I have a couple of options. One that really interests me is buying out a small 2 van operation in Hertfordshire area which is near me. Trouble is it will take some time to get the investment back as I only make back the royalty fee. I am thinking of doing a split of employed and franchising.

Next big headache is VAT registration but me and my accountant have a plan for that. Essentially i'm going to have a van on the road and the profit will just pay the VAT. 

Top speed is about 55mph, its not that quick tbh but quick enough. 

Easily dominating the area now which is good. One van last week picked up 5 new walk ups in a single day.

Latest franchisee takes a lot of my work so i can finally come down to a 3 day week. I will see how long that lasts though!

Last edited by a moderator:
7 vans and a twizzy. 

I am a little undecided on what route to go now as I have a couple of options. One that really interests me is buying out a small 2 van operation in Hertfordshire area which is near me. Trouble is it will take some time to get the investment back as I only make back the royalty fee. I am thinking of doing a split of employed and franchising.

Next big headache is VAT registration but me and my accountant have a plan for that. Essentially i'm going to have a van on the road and the profit will just pay the VAT. 

Easily dominating the area now which is good. One van last week picked up 5 new walk ups in a single day.

Latest franchisee takes a lot of my work so i can finally come down to a 3 day week. I will see how long that lasts though!
7 vans on the road and only just looking at being vat registered?.. I know nothing about franchises and I leave the paper  work to my wife and accountant but that sounds like a strange one surely each van must be doing 60 k per year ?. 

If they're doing £60k and he's taking 20% that's £84k a year.
I don’t have a clue how franchising works but was just surprised that he wasn’t already vat registered , so I think Ime right in saying 7 vans at 60k a time is £420,000?? If they were employees working for him he would be earning considerably more than 20% so why would any one bother with it ?. What am I missing hear ?.. 

Last edited by a moderator:
7 vans and a twizzy. 

Easily dominating the area now which is good. One van last week picked up 5 new walk ups.

Buying a 2 man operation? have u ever bought work before? taking over another round can be more headache then actually building the round up yourself.

Yeah that can be done easy or u can even put your prices up so u dont feel the VAT hit? Lol

55mph is still decent, cant u get it modded and put it upto 120mph ? hahahah

Walk up customers are always a bonus , the more vans u have on the road the more chance of a walk up, so it can only get better and better as u grow ?

How are u managing in this pandemic? U do much commercial ?

7 vans on the road and only just looking at being vat registered?.. I know nothing about franchises and I leave the paper  work to my wife and accountant but that sounds like a strange one surely each van must be doing 60 k per year ?. 
Hes a franchise, not a company, two total different businss models, i looked into both of these, the best thing about franchising is that u dont need to pay VAT until u hit a high number of vans, i gathered this from my research regarding a franchise, but if he was a company then yeah he would be paying VAT with a few vans.

Back