Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Upto 50 customers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Well done dont envy you doing the 3 storey windows with a ladder on that gravel though ,go careful, we would be around £100-120 doing that wfp not including the conservatory roof , that’s a nice job to have on your portfolio .

£115

The only 2nd floor windows being done from outside are on front aspect, all others are being done from inside ?
Windows look like they slide up , how you going to clean bottom panes 

btw £115 6weekly is good going , 

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT.. just realised it said 6 weekly lol

As great as that price may be cash wise, i still reckon that place will take a long time to clean.

£110 WEEKLY?

Wow, that's a great job to bag. I take back what i said lol

£115

The only 2nd floor windows being done from outside are on front aspect, all others are being done from inside ?

Ok that will be intresting doing sash windows from the inside don’t know how you will reach the glass as to get to the lower pain when the window is open it will be covering the glass you want to get to surely ?. Are you going to use a working restraint when leaning out of the window ?. 

Ah ok just read the they open sideways , that will make life a lot easier , must be new windows then they looked like old wooden windows in the picture 

@HWCS whereabouts in Norfolk are you covering? I've had an enquiry from someone over Wroxham/Hoveton way but its out of our area. Just wondered if its near where you cover?

Ok that will be intresting doing sash windows from the inside don’t know how you will reach the glass as to get to the lower pain when the window is open it will be covering the glass you want to get to surely ?. Are you going to use a working restraint when leaning out of the window ?. 

Ah ok just read the they open sideways , that will make life a lot easier , must be new windows then they looked like old wooden windows in the picture 
I thought that when i pulled up to the gaff, but they are all UPVC made to look like wood.

The place cost her 1.2m 2016 and shes ploughed 700k into it.

Marble everything

@HWCS whereabouts in Norfolk are you covering? I've had an enquiry from someone over Wroxham/Hoveton way but its out of our area. Just wondered if its near where you cover?
Nah thats to far for me Rob, im further round the coast, Sherringham to fakenham is my area

Looks like your doing well, keep it up and dont forget look after your customers and they will look after you ? ?

After yesterdays high of signing a kudos customer in a very nice house, today ibe come down to earth with a bump.

Ran into a customer that i did 3 weeks ago, and shes told me shes not happy with the clean i did, apparently there was a sweep mark along one window and a cpl of frames i didnt detail addequetly.

Told her if she had said same day i would have gone and redone the errors, but she just said 'just knock a bit off next time'

Properly beatimg myself up over this as its my first complaint, what makes it worse is shes my neices god mother and a family friend.

Thoughts?

Difficult one that - family is family. If it was a different situation I'd have said stand your ground and don't budge - she should have complained to you the same / next day. Weeks later is a joke.

As it's gonna involve a family spat though, best just to keep them sweet and sort it out whatever way makes the problem go away. Least hassle spat wise in families is always the best route to take. It's one reason i'm not overly phased about cleaning windows for friends / family - i don't want the hassle of a disagreement / being accused of breaking something etc. I was really crapping it a few weeks back when i did my next door neighbours.. did the window above the conny and somehow i must have touched one of the finials. Next thing i know it's base is pointing out sideways...

So i went and mentioned it saying terribly sorry, i must have somehow struck it.. she says not to worry, it's been loose for ages and spins round when she blasts it with the pressure washer lol. I got lucky there cos if it had been me she'd be totally different - she's extremely fiery when upset and doesn't let anyone off the hook lol.

After yesterdays high of signing a kudos customer in a very nice house, today ibe come down to earth with a bump.

Ran into a customer that i did 3 weeks ago, and shes told me shes not happy with the clean i did, apparently there was a sweep mark along one window and a cpl of frames i didnt detail addequetly.

Told her if she had said same day i would have gone and redone the errors, but she just said 'just knock a bit off next time'

Properly beatimg myself up over this as its my first complaint, what makes it worse is shes my neices god mother and a family friend.

Thoughts?
Like you said and like I do, if there's something wrong with the clean then I'll go back and redo them. 

Never nice getting complaints but if you would have gone back anyway for free then going back to do them for half price next time isn't too bad - agreed though, that's very late for a complaint ?

Personally I will always give someone a second chance. Explain you wouldn't usually accept a complaint so long after the wash and that IF there's a problem in the future she needs to get back to you within 24 hours. Do the discount and move on, better to earn 80% than nothing. The early days are always massive highs and lows, and this will continue till you're established. 

Some of the more established will probably say dump, but they can afford to, whereas you need the work. If she tries it on again then get rid. 

Latest Posts

Back