Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

vans, tanks, payload the age old topic

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What Transits are you running H? If its the T280's then they have a payload of 1100kgs to 1188kgs depending on their bodies.

What happened to the Transit Customs you showed on your website or was it Facebook?
yes t280 :) , they do ahve a payload of 1100 but my weight when i was on the bridge was under 1000kg so i got plenty of weight to play with lol

I got rid of the transit custom, had it from brand new for 3 years and went through 2 new back doors and a new drivers door( under warranty) , the hinges are terrible and made out of chocolate, when the hinge goes u have to put a full new door on, haha plus i know a few people with the customs and the engines are no were near as good as the MK6 transits.

@spruce i think the peugeot expert seems a good van for heavy tanks as there payload if 1400 i think and u get the 2.0 lump wich is prity good and trusting enging 

@spruce i think the peugeot expert seems a good van for heavy tanks as there payload if 1400 i think and u get the 2.0 lump wich is prity good and trusting enging 
We have the Toyota equivalent it’s a nice van to drive 1400 kg payload but it’s electrics are peugeot and had the screen for radio etc replaced three times and it’s still not right now , phone and sat Navi issues Toyota dont know what to do with it ?.. they gave now got on to  Peugeot and they are going to look at it , doesn’t inspire confidence when 60% of there vehicles leave the factory with known faults and it’s up to the dealers to fix them !!!> 

Last edited by a moderator:
Peugeot and they are going to look at it , doesn’t inspire confidence when 60% of there vehicles leave the factory with known faults and it’s up to the dealers to fix them !!!> 
I had a Citroen Dispatch on Order, after waiting 4 months I cancelled it. It was in the country but the garage didn't know where and it was waiting for a brake recall so they didn't know when I would get it. 

me old man used to have an old one of these for his maintenance work back in the day, but his was blue and white, I think an ex gas works one? slow, but used to purr along. i remember one time before he'd left for work I sneeked out and hid in the back and ended up at his job. he had to phone mum and say i'd be late for the infants, i was about 5 ? ?
Thats a really pretty van mate. Is it a commer?

I use a 650ltr Wyedale flat tank. That's my preference for low center of gravity, weight spread and for usable space on the top of the tank for the side reel, pole and other equipment. I use a nylon non-return valve just above van floor level, with great success to prevent air locks. 

going to put a 650 ltr tack in my varivo is an upright one going to be ok ? currently got a 350ltr upright in 
Yes it will be fine I had a lwb (renault traffic but same van) one with an ionics thermopure 650 in it and regularly had the pressure washer or gutter vac kit in it and drove to Bristol to do work no problem, hopefully it’s the 2900 kg version ? 

Thats a really pretty van mate. Is it a commer?
You're right, Commer originally (Rootes Motor Group). Though that's one of the later ones with the rectangular grill and square instrument panel. About the time they changed the badge to Dodge. I think Rootes was bought out by the owners of Dodge. The earlier ones had more rounded ends on the grill (like a smile) and a more rounded instrument panel. My first vehicle was an ancient and rusty Commer Gown Van built on the same chassis, cab. I loved it.

Ive got a 800l in mine had it full + ladders pressure washer ect handled it easy mine is 18 plate 1.6cdti lwb with the bigest payload  think its prity much maxed out with all that in i was worried first time i loaded it but dont flinch now ???

Most days has 600l in it tho no pressure washer just vac 

Nothing wrong with old bangers. I have never owned a car or van less then 10 years old. I kind of like it actually. Less depreciation and if you knock it you don't care so much
Me too mate, I'd hate to have to worry about that, also you get those about who like to run a key down the side,

yes t280 ? , they do ahve a payload of 1100 but my weight when i was on the bridge was under 1000kg so i got plenty of weight to play with lol

I got rid of the transit custom, had it from brand new for 3 years and went through 2 new back doors and a new drivers door( under warranty) , the hinges are terrible and made out of chocolate, when the hinge goes u have to put a full new door on, haha plus i know a few people with the customs and the engines are no were near as good as the MK6 transits.
There is a known weakness with the timing chain tensioner on the Mk6, for heaven sake never bump start the damned thing if your battery ever goes flat.

Latest Posts

Back