Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

vision and isopropyl

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul alan

Ordered some jigsaw innovations caustic tfr last night, while I was there I thought I would give the vision a blast too.

Has anyone ever used vision alongside isopropyl alcohol?

Maybe it'll do nothing at all, maybe it may help a little. I'll soon find out!

Last edited by a moderator:
paul,i know you don't like the idea of additives so i'd like to offer help should you need it.

in all honesty I've not tried v2,i know whats in it etc etc its something I've just not tried-maybe I should try some-tell you what do you want to test this with me?

mine should arrive soon, vans off the road for at least a week though so wont be able to test yet.

I'm looking for more slip and hopefully a little more cleaning power as I live on the coast, but rural at the same time. Would you recommend it be used with iso?

Thanks

Enigma is good.. much prefer it to vision etc

Tested it for a good while over the last year or so

Fine with iso too

You don't need iso at all I just tried it to see what hapens

Enigma is great on it's own

It would be fine but I don't use ipa in winter as you would need a whole lot to make a difference with freezing

You need a lot more than that to make a difference

Bet you read that on window cleaning warehouse

It needs a few litres in 600l to make any difference 

I know @kevinc250 knows more about it than me

Also because ipa and water don't truly mix if it is very cold the alchohol won't freeze (not until -84°) but the water which won't be mixed with the alchohol will which will result in a tank of slush

If it's that cold I wouldn't bother.. just pure did fine for me all this winter

Last edited by a moderator:
Been using vision for roughly a year now. Lifesaver for seaside villiages, where the salty air attacks the glass before it can dry. 

They say it helps to rinse off the window quicker and bird marks seem to be a bit easier to get rid of too. For 1ml per 100litres, a bottle lasts forever.

As mentioned, i havent tried Enigma , but moved from vision V2 to regular rinse-aid liquid from Lidl . Had better results than with vision and to a fraction of the cost. 

Just turn off that waterheater /propane if using IPA , or you,ll be cleaning windows in resurection.  :1f603:  flames and alcohol dont mix Very Well. 

Latest Posts

Back