Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What makes you get up everyday...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I am a qualified baker and I learned my trade at a local artisan bakery but we had to move to a different area. I got work at a supermarket in-store bakery and they treated me with very little respect. I remember one of my colleagues was belittled by a manager for making a passing comment about the Christmas music (which you get all day long for a month leading up to Christmas and it drives you crazy). I remember thinking “if you ever speak to me like that, you won’t see me again mate.” Anyway they gave you rubbish work like spending half the afternoon in the walk in freezer. My best friend got married and when I asked for the day off they said “You’ll be lucky. we’ll see what we can do”. I would’ve left work rather than miss my mates wedding. they made you feel like you were lucky to have a job. This is going back 21 years. The wage was around £5 an hour. I took my holidays and spent them canvassing. When I left (after 6 month) I told the assistant controller that I was going to spend that summer up in the hills in the fresh air earning at least double what I am here. (This was 21 yr ago) he said. Yeah ! Right ! Now I spend 3-4 days a week window cleaning and also helping my kids learn ( they are home schooled). This is priceless. I would never go back to working for a company. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahem! Sixty five years of age. Can usually go eight hours before starting to get desperate. Bladder of a desert camel?.

Comes from the training that goes with most of my life spent working and playing where more often than not it's not easy to find a suitable place. Road and utility works, artic driving, sea kayaking. ?
"Artic driving" sounds like a blast!

I do that 1 out of four seasons here!??

Amazing so many people have so many different things that get them up and gets them motivated to do there hustle in life.

Thanks for sharing what gets you moving!

Theres a great satisfaction in building my own little business,working the hours i want and dumping jobs that stress me out or are a pain....BUT....

what gets me up in the morning is an inner drive to get on with my day,I thrive on structure and routine and of course the great outdoors.....getting my short working day done and dusted and getting home to family,and time for my hobbies.....

I couldn't work for someone else working full time hours....in fact I've never worked full time hours for many years!??no need to!

Because I've got ? to do ? 

Honestly because I want to get things done, I am fortunate to have great business and wife so I just keep getting on and getting things done I don't always manage to get everything done as I want, but I am in charge of what I do and very happy with my life, money is great and I can provide us with a good life. 

Back