What Would You Do!?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by MikeJP, Jun 20, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. MikeJP

MikeJP Active Member

Hey guys, this is probably a question for those who have been there and done it already.............

But what would you do if you was starting out again for the very first time and you had £1000 available to give you best possible start in the window cleaning business.

So basically what kind of things would you spend your money on. For example; X amount here, X amount there etc etc.

Basing it all on what you now know with your current experience and expertise. Are there things you wish you bought first maybe or even not at all??

Suggestions welcome! :)

Thanks,
    Mike

Oh, and apologies if this has been posted in the wrong area. :(

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

for me i wouldnt change a thing, before i started i learnt all the mistakes that other did! sorry!

3. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I'd have definitely bought a backpack ro/di and pole.

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

back pack are good, but would like to carry the weight on you back all day tho!

5. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Only got a grand to spend rc, says in first post otherwise I'd have said van, tank, lot of hose lol.

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

trolly with the backpack on then! lol

7. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

A grand wouldn't be any good of you didn't have wheels.. But if you have transport, you could get a trad kit, backpack and pole, flyers, clothing, insurance all for a £1000 or less!!

I been cleaning 5 years, only regret is I only went wfp a few weeks ago. If I had of had the business head I have now I prob would have invested back then

8. mark m

mark m Hero

if you got a van go straight to van mount and back pack dont waste your money on a trolley

9. Dodger

Dodger Hero

wouldn't want a trolley, backpack would do and get van mount when ya got more than a grand.

10. laddergarder

when I started I borrowed my girlfriends(now wife's) car and bought about £40 worth of trad gear out of homebase.

If I was you, get some wheels, basic trad gear, £40 of vista print business cards, and get out and knock as many doors as you can. If you have wheels you'll have plenty of change.

Earn as much as possible, and spent as little as you possibly can without comprising the quality of work you provide. Try to stay away from the idea of shiny vans, and top of the range gear etc. Keep it simple, and you can get all that other stuff, once you have a customer base, because without that, you don't have a business. So your priority when starting out should always be getting those customers.

Advertisement