Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whats The Going Rate Then?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

this was a street i do regular, one of the first streets i got when i set up. ill be there againt tomorrow to there windows and ill do there neighbours. my target is one customer a day now or lets say 5 a week and ill be happy.
don't set youre targets to high as if you don't hit them it can be soul destroying. when I first started I got about £350 of work threw various methods then started to knock doors I set myself a target of 15 customers a month for the next 6 months it averaged around a £100 a month of new work and also wasn't to many first cleans to do at once

i think my target of 5 a week is pretty standard. better than my target last year of 100 new customers in 3 months. the best target i set was by autumn 2012 i wanted to have a helper, looked to far ahead there on that one. i only just make enuff to pay my bills lol. i dont seriously think id want a helper now. i want enuff customers to keep me going and living a nice life. im not greedy like most who say they want 1500 a month income. id be quite happy with 1200 lol :lol:

pretty quick, i think each home with walking up there path knocking and getting a no was a min all up lol. started at 1130am finished at 245pm non stop. the time did go fast tho. im not 100% it was 300 but each road i knocked had about 100 homes and i knocked 3 roads which were pretty busy. some roads went up to numbers like 370. some were not in and others were a no and there door closed on my face. today was lucky i only tried 4 homes 1 was out 2 said no thanks and the last said yes lol. i personally think its the sun shining and wasnt windy. ppl generally see it raining windy and think window cleaning in this weather no way. they dont understand how pure water works and that dirt gets the windows dirty not rain. ive been using rain water for ages and not had one complaint!

Nice one jdmw, May I say you used a much better approach so keep it up /emoticons/wink.png

im doing like everyone says, maybe its because its a snobby area im not to sure, maybe i should try the peasant areas lol :lol:

lif u want to be rich this isnt the job
become a plumber.....!!!!!!
i saw a plummer on here who said that he cant get a job and got redundancey pay, sighn of the times i think but then they get paid more tgan windys :-D

Back