Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Marsh cleaning

What vans do you use?

Marsh cleaning

Hi all. I've not been on for a while. And it must be a very old boring question... What vans do people use and find is the best for size/reliability etc... 

Cheers all 

Wind o kleen

Working one with four wheels 

Marsh cleaning
11 minutes ago, Wind o kleen said:

Working one with four wheels 

Good job Yr not a comedian... There would only be one that clapped lolol 😁😁😁

Part Timer

Had a Vivaro for 8 years, far better than a Transit 🤔

kevinc250

I have a vivaro at the moment but still keep looking at those transit customs-maybe in a year or so not made my mind up yet

Pjj

We have a Renault’s master , Vito and Toyota proace  not a lover of the Renault but payload is very good , van choice will depend on type of work you do , and wether one or two  people will be working from it . The areas that you work in for being able to park ,how much do you want to spend , and are you looking at new or second hand ,  only you can answer theses questions . 

Wind o kleen
22 minutes ago, Pjj said:

We have a Renault’s master , Vito and Toyota proace  not a lover of the Renault but payload is very good , van choice will depend on type of work you do , and wether one or two  people will be working from it . The areas that you work in for being able to park ,how much do you want to spend , and are you looking at new or second hand ,  only you can answer theses questions . 

Exactly a comedian can’t answer them😂

1 hour ago, Marsh cleaning said:

Good job Yr not a comedian... There would only be one that clapped lolol 😁😁😁

Please get something big enough to fit a pole in, as we don’t wanna see a post asking how people fit a pole into van what’s longer then it ,  less you’ll get a  comedian response 🤪

Marsh cleaning
5 minutes ago, Wind o kleen said:

Exactly a comedian can’t answer them😂

Please get something big enough to fit a pole in, as we don’t wanna see a post asking how people fit a pole into van what’s longer then it ,  less you’ll get a  comedian response 🤪

Now that's a good answer lol

1 hour ago, kevinc250 said:

I have a vivaro at the moment but still keep looking at those transit customs-maybe in a year or so not made my mind up yet

I've been looking at the vivaro. And the peugeot expert van which is slightly smaller. 😁

Jjs window cleaning service

Vivaro lwb sportive...so far so good. Decent payload and enough room for 700litre tank plus gutter vac with room to spare 👍

Ana

I use a T5 for work and pleasure. Can carry a full contingent of barrels, brushs, hoses in the back weekdays, throw a mattress and camping gear in at the weekend and off we go exploring.   

Marsh cleaning
1 hour ago, Ana said:

I use a T5 for work and pleasure. Can carry a full contingent of barrels, brushs, hoses in the back weekdays, throw a mattress and camping gear in at the weekend and off we go exploring.   

Sounds perfect

2 hours ago, Jjs window cleaning service said:

Vivaro lwb sportive...so far so good. Decent payload and enough room for 700litre tank plus gutter vac with room to spare 👍

Brilliant that's great to know... Cheers😁

Iron Giant

Vauxhall combo/Fiat Doblo, I don't need anything bigger as I just do windows, if I needed a bigger van I would be inclined to go with the new shape Citroën Dispatch, I like the lower roofs these vans now have no higher than a roof of a swb van. 

steve garwood
8 hours ago, Part Timer said:

Had a Vivaro for 8 years, far better than a Transit 🤔

I test drove the vivaro and it wasn’t in the same class as the transit I.m.o.

Also, the transit is far better looking, whereas the Vivaro is as ugly as the men of the north east 👀

Pjj
2 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

Also, the transit is far better looking, whereas the Vivaro is as ugly as the men of the north east 👀

I have just bought a Toyota proace  I tried the transit custom and didn’t like it , the Toyota also has a 5 year warranty and considerably cheaper than the ford and no paint issues , the ford does look nice but it’s way over priced for what it is ford wanted 35 k for the one with 1400 kg payload and a six month waiting list , the Toyota took 6 weeks and cost 27 k  still a rip off price but a lot cheaper . 

steve garwood
12 minutes ago, Pjj said:

I have just bought a Toyota proace  I tried the transit custom and didn’t like it , the Toyota also has a 5 year warranty and considerably cheaper than the ford and no paint issues , the ford does look nice but it’s way over priced for what it is ford wanted 35 k for the one with 1400 kg payload and a six month waiting list , the Toyota took 6 weeks and cost 27 k  still a rip off price but a lot cheaper . 

I got a reasonable deal on the 1000 kg transit. I’ve had many vans throughout the years and the new custom is by far the best drive for a van I’ve ever had.

Never heard of paint issues and it has a 12 year anti corrosion guarantee.

All about opinions this thread I suppose 🙂

Part Timer
57 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

Got the bite I was after, knew the London Trannies couldn't keep quiet 😂

kevinc250

my boys have told me not to get a transit, apparently they are for gays???????????????,😵😁😵, or southerners.

i'll stick to the vivaro at least we look like men every weekend under the bonnet wielding spanners to repair the damn thing

Part Timer
2 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

Vauxhall combo/Fiat Doblo, I don't need anything bigger as I just do windows, if I needed a bigger van I would be inclined to go with the new shape Citroën Dispatch, I like the lower roofs these vans now have no higher than a roof of a swb van. 

You'd still needs steps to get the ladder off 😜

1 hour ago, Pjj said:

I had a brand new Citroen Dispatch LWB 150 Professional Plus on order and it was £22.4k OTR That's virtually top of the range and £4.5k cheaper 😲

Iron Giant
31 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

I had a brand new Citroen Dispatch LWB 150 Professional Plus on order and it was £22.4k OTR That's virtually top of the range and £4.5k cheaper 😲

Who's going to get the step ladders off, so I can get the ladder off 🤔 TALL PERSON, TALL PERSON, I will be shouting 😅

Tango
4 hours ago, Ana said:

If you're talking about the 850 T5 I'm incredibly jealous of you. Lucky sod!

53 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Wouldn't it be best just to get a folding ladder? (by that i mean not a telescopic one)

Pjj
1 hour ago, Part Timer said:

Yes i I looked at the Citroen , they were quoting 8 months delivery time and wouldn’t guarantee that , I also looked at the Peugeot, but decided to go with the Toyota it has every conceivable extra and I preferred the look of it to the other two vans  , and was the shortest waiting time , hopefully it will be reliable 😬😬😬 time will tell . That price includes 5 years servicing including all parts but not things like tyres or brake pads but everything else is included , it’s still a lot of money I accept that but I think all vehicles are grossly overpriced 

Edited by Pjj

kevinc250

iron giant will be old skool mate so it'll be a beer crate, maybe two stacked on top of each other 😏

Davy G

Vito for me. Never seen a reason to consider anything else. 

dazmond

i cant believe no one has mentioned the transit connect L2 240 limited van......great vans..they look the part to....ideal for  a 500L tank for a sole operator(936kg payload)....the roof is lower than the old style T230 so easier to get ladders off when needed....plenty of room for poles in the back without cutting into the bulkhead....

Cleanteam South west

Vauxhall Vivaro, My machanic sell the vans and showed me older transits and they were all full of rust. Not spot on my vivaro. Cant say what the newer transits are like maybe they are better.

Shammy Davis Senior

I’ve got a Transit Custom 290 2014, Two new Experts and a new LWB Dispatch. I looked at buying another Custom but compared to the Peugeot they are poor value for money and the payloads are very low until you the much higher priced models. The latest Expert Prifessional was £15k plus the VAT. Outstanding value. 

Iron Giant
10 hours ago, kevinc250 said:

iron giant will be old skool mate so it'll be a beer crate, maybe two stacked on top of each other 😏

One will do, how short do you think I am 🤔

Stevieboy
11 hours ago, Pjj said:

Yes i I looked at the Citroen , they were quoting 8 months delivery time and wouldn’t guarantee that , I also looked at the Peugeot, but decided to go with the Toyota it has every conceivable extra and I preferred the look of it to the other two vans  , and was the shortest waiting time , hopefully it will be reliable 😬😬😬 time will tell . That price includes 5 years servicing including all parts but not things like tyres or brake pads but everything else is included , it’s still a lot of money I accept that but I think all vehicles are grossly overpriced 

Goes to show which is the most popular van by the waiting times. All the same vans just with different badges. 

spruce
12 hours ago, Pjj said:

I agree. In 2002 we were selling brand new 1.9d Citroen Relays for £7995 + VAT.

1 hour ago, Stevieboy said:

Goes to show which is the most popular van by the waiting times. All the same vans just with different badges. 

Sometimes but not always. The factory can change models on the production lines very quickly to suit demand.

Toyota will always be at a disadvantage buying product off the PSA (Peugeot and Citroen) production lines as they will tend to supply self first. PSA wouldn't want to see Toyota outselling them in the market place as that would be rather embarrassing for them.

Marketing also plays a big part in driving sales in the overall direction the company wants to go. So they also have to look after the used van market as well and try to push those values up. One way is the limit the production of new vehicle to just below demand. Mercedes first started that by limiting production to around 5% of demand. I don't know what that percentage is now tbh, but its probably higher. BMW followed suit when they saw how successful it was.

The other thing is that making a top model brand more desireable is to really limit production. They all want their product to become a icon as VW has become with the old camper van and its new younger brother.

There is no way that there should be a lead time of 8 months. There is another game at play. They have maybe switched production away from manufacturing vehicles for the UK market because they don't know what the UK's relationship is going to be like after Brexit. They might also fear what the French public's opinion of the UK will be so they are playing it safe.

When Rhodesia declared independence from Britian back in the 1960's most European manufacturers stopped suppling product to that country. Renault didn't but Citroen, Fiat, GM, Ford and Leyland did. The Japanese filled the gap.

Edited by spruce