Jump to content







Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic


Marsh cleaning

What vans do you use?



Recommended Posts

Part Timer

The big problem with the Citroen / Peugeot / Toyota supply is that they have been transferring production to the Vauxhall plant. The "new" Vivaro is exactly the same as the previous 3. I also think sales are far higher than expected which has compounded the problem. I "bought" mine on January 31st with a build date scheduled for end of March and delivery mid April. I received an email on Monday May 13th saying there had been a safety recall, brake calipers, and they didn't know when it would be fixed, where the van was and when I would get it.  I gave them till first week June or I would cancel, which I ended up doing, if I'd bought the Peugeot model it would've been delivered on time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Chris33

Vivaros.. and despite what a lot of people said they have been fine so far

20190823_151719.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
7 hours ago, Part Timer said:

The big problem with the Citroen / Peugeot / Toyota supply is that they have been transferring production to the Vauxhall plant. The "new" Vivaro is exactly the same as the previous 3. I also think sales are far higher than expected which has compounded the problem. I "bought" mine on January 31st with a build date scheduled for end of March and delivery mid April. I received an email on Monday May 13th saying there had been a safety recall, brake calipers, and they didn't know when it would be fixed, where the van was and when I would get it.  I gave them till first week June or I would cancel, which I ended up doing, if I'd bought the Peugeot model it would've been delivered on time. 

 

 

The new vivaro is the same as the Peugeot Citroen and Toyota is that what you mean ??? I have the brochure  for it and it doesn’t look anything like the same internal dimensions are totally differently ???? Not seen it in the flesh yet at last they have Seen since and got rid of that stupid 1:6 engine and gone back to the 2:0 

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
9 minutes ago, Pjj said:

 

 

The new vivaro is the same as the Peugeot Citroen and Toyota is that what you mean ??? I have the brochure  for it and it doesn’t look anything like the same internal dimensions are totally differently ???? Not seen it in the flesh yet at last they have Seen since and got rid of that stupid 1:6 engine and gone back to the 2:0 

By all accounts they are one and the same. 

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.parkers.co.uk/amp/vans-pickups/news/2019/new-vauxhall-vivaro-pictures-info-spec-details/

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
22 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

 

 

Lol I have just checked the brochure sent by the local dealership and the idiots have sent the old model one not the new one !,,, and they think Ime going to buy one after that 😂😂😂

Edited by Pjj

Share this post


Link to post
Clisty1989

Just gone from a car to a renault kangoo, lovely little van, mines the 850 payload, same length as my car. Full steel bulkhead, only issue was that the poles were a bit too long, but a 4 inch hole saw dealt with that problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Cghwindowcleaning

You need to know your budget and then the size of tank you need or wish to fit this will then give your options.

 

I have a transit custom I personally think it's a great van.The custom is a much, much better drive than the vivaro but the vauxhall is probably 4- 5k cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Reach For The Glass

Got a 2017 dispatch 2.0 150bhp, it’s the enterprise plus. 

 

Amazing van van and is a million times better than a transit. My brothers a ford master tech so I know how **** they really are, he is doing 3 - 4 new engines a week on them, that’s without taking into consideration the cost of the van compared to others.

 

might still be selling my dispatch shortly if anyone is interested?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
3 hours ago, Reach For The Glass said:

Got a 2017 dispatch 2.0 150bhp, it’s the enterprise plus. 

 

Amazing van van and is a million times better than a transit. My brothers a ford master tech so I know how **** they really are, he is doing 3 - 4 new engines a week on them, that’s without taking into consideration the cost of the van compared to others.

 

might still be selling my dispatch shortly if anyone is interested?

 

 

 

 

Yes I totally agree I didn’t like the drive of the transit at all very choppy ride , noisy and scoffs fuel ,seat squab to short doesn’t support your thighs ,  looks nice though ,  

Share this post


Link to post
CHWS

Vivaro looks far better than a transit. Transits are pish looking imo 

Share this post


Link to post
Wind o kleen
1 hour ago, CHWS said:

Vivaro looks far better than a transit. Transits are pish looking imo 

What do you find on a vivaro that looks better then on a custom 

Share this post


Link to post
Brianbarber
On 02/09/2019 at 22:13, dazmond said:

i cant believe no one has mentioned the transit connect L2 240 limited van......great vans..they look the part to....ideal for  a 500L tank for a sole operator(936kg payload)....the roof is lower than the old style T230 so easier to get ladders off when needed....plenty of room for poles in the back without cutting into the bulkhead....

The new 2019 240lwb LTD model is now reduced to only now 675kg, Fact.

 Checked on Grippatank site.....my sons just bought one 

Share this post


Link to post
Wind o kleen
34 minutes ago, CHWS said:

It looks better in general

Better wheel trims 🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Omega

Covered 14000miles in an 18plate dispatch which is the same as the peugeot and toyota. Ours is medium wheelbase, just over 1000kgs payload with twin sliding doors. Very easy size as slightly smaller than vivaro/nissan/renault type van.

 

I hired a vivaro brand new for a few days and found the actual drive and interior fit out much worse by comparison.

1) Suspension felt much harsher with and without load. Checked underneath and it didn't have independent rear suspension where as dispatch does.

2) Gearbox felt very heavy and van like whereas dispatch is much smoother and refined.

 

Not massively noticeable things but after a couple of days I was glad to get back into the dispatch.

The dispatch like some other vans is based on a car chassis I believe and that must contribute to it's more refined feel.

Not something I thought I would notice until I went from one to the other but worth noting from my personal experience of newer vans.

 

Was in a friends vito and was surprised how great the interior quality was. 

Share this post


Link to post
dazmond
11 hours ago, Brianbarber said:

The new 2019 240lwb LTD model is now reduced to only now 675kg, Fact.

 Checked on Grippatank site.....my sons just bought one 

mines 936kg......i very much doubt ford would reduce the payload of their LWB connect by such a huge amount....the T230 i had before was 906kg payload......

 

if your sons just bought one then he needs to send it back and get another one if its true.....that payload is too low for wfp IMO....👎

Share this post


Link to post
dazmond

ive just checked brian and the new connect L2 240 120ps limited 2019 has in fact got a higher payload than mine now!its 993kg mate...👍

Share this post


Link to post
solarpanelcleaningltd

Three transits and a combo. They’re all ****.

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service

Why does no one buy a nearly new German van? Not much goes wrong with them that's why big delivery firms have them. Buy French and you are buying trouble with electrics. fwiw

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
32 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Why does no one buy a nearly new German van? Not much goes wrong with them that's why big delivery firms have them. Buy French and you are buying trouble with electrics. fwiw

 

 

Sprinters and vitos are rust buckets I have had both they are nice vans but boy do they rust bad 

Share this post


Link to post
Davy G
21 minutes ago, Pjj said:

 

 

Sprinters and vitos are rust buckets I have had both they are nice vans but boy do they rust bad 

I have read that before and seen it with the Sprinters rusting really badly. My mk 1 Vito also suffered badly from rust but was as reliable as anything upto the time I sold it about 3 years ago with huge mileage on. 

I now have 2 Vitos : work van is 2005 former Cannon Hygiene fleet vehicle. 

 

Campervan is 2009 panel van conversion. Tiniest bit of rust on the work van and I haven't seen any on the campervan. My overall experience of the Vitos is 5star. 

Maybe I've been lucky. I don't know. 

Edited by Davy G

Share this post


Link to post
Wind o kleen

What’s wrong with these millionaire window cleaners , it’s only bit of rust , do what PJJ does he buys a new one when spot of rust appears 🤪

Scottish power window cleaner only needs to secure a solar clean with new mesh and he’s half way to his new van 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
On 04/09/2019 at 20:34, Brianbarber said:

The new 2019 240lwb LTD model is now reduced to only now 675kg, Fact.

 Checked on Grippatank site.....my sons just bought one 


I would check with Ford not GrippaTank site as their data isn't always accurate 

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
8 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Why does no one buy a nearly new German van? Not much goes wrong with them that's why big delivery firms have them. Buy French and you are buying trouble with electrics. fwiw


Because they are overpriced, in fact all vans are overpriced IMHO if you compare a van for say 20k compared to a car for the same price you get a whole load more put into a car, personally I could never justify the inflated prices on a new or nearly new van, to a point it really doesn't matter what you buy or what badge it has everything has the potential to develop a fault of some kind 

Share this post


Link to post
dmw

I've got a 5 year old Peugeot Partner and have had it for over 2 years, I chose it not through choice (I fancied a Caddy) but because it had an exceptional payload. Having read the reviews I expected it to throw up some problems but it hasn't lost me a day's work and has passed 2 MOTs with no advisories. I think the key is to check it's history to make sure it's been looked after and then to look after it yourself. Beyond that I think there is a bit of luck involved in getting a good one.

Share this post


Link to post
dazmond
41 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:


Because they are overpriced, in fact all vans are overpriced IMHO if you compare a van for say 20k compared to a car for the same price you get a whole load more put into a car, personally I could never justify the inflated prices on a new or nearly new van, to a point it really doesn't matter what you buy or what badge it has everything has the potential to develop a fault of some kind 

what do cars have that vans dont?i have air con,parking sensors,heated drivers seat,heated front windscreen,active city stop,hillstart assist,bluetooth...the list goes on.....

 

my car(golf GTD 2018)just has a bigger more powerful engine and its a lot faster than the van but they retail at around £30k brand new with metallic paint work...

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service
9 hours ago, Pjj said:

 

 

Sprinters and vitos are rust buckets I have had both they are nice vans but boy do they rust bad 

 

Watched a video on utube about the reason they rust under the black trim. There are factory holes under the trim and they have covered them up with sticky paper. After a few years the paper rots and the rust begins. You need to take the trim off and cover them up with plastic and use body repair silicon.

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
30 minutes ago, dazmond said:

what do cars have that vans dont?i have air con,parking sensors,heated drivers seat,heated front windscreen,active city stop,hillstart assist,bluetooth...the list goes on.....

 

my car(golf GTD 2018)just has a bigger more powerful engine and its a lot faster than the van but they retail at around £30k brand new with metallic paint work...

 

I should have worded it better my bad, so let's look at a entry level car at say £13,500 you can get get a touchscreen display dab radio, air con and reversing camera, a entry level van is typically more expensive around £18,000 but is usually a no frills tin can with a basic interior. 

 

My views have changed over the years as to what I consider worthwhile spending my money on, but I am 44 years old now and want my mortgage paying off by the time I am 50. 

Share this post


Link to post
Davy G
2 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

 

Watched a video on utube about the reason they rust under the black trim. There are factory holes under the trim and they have covered them up with sticky paper. After a few years the paper rots and the rust begins. You need to take the trim off and cover them up with plastic and use body repair silicon.

Good tip. Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood
9 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

 

I should have worded it better my bad, so let's look at a entry level car at say £13,500 you can get get a touchscreen display dab radio, air con and reversing camera, a entry level van is typically more expensive around £18,000 but is usually a no frills tin can with a basic interior. 

 

My views have changed over the years as to what I consider worthwhile spending my money on, but I am 44 years old now and want my mortgage paying off by the time I am 50. 

Talking of cars, have you noticed it’s always the fit, tasty, young girls that drive the little hot hatchbacks?

 

Which reminds me, the m.o.t is due on the wife’s transit 😁.

 

Pub time. Have a great weekend fellow windies 🙂

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.