Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aches & pains

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I won't be driving, that's my sons job. He who's never sinned cast the first stone, and you're back of the queue and in no place to try and lecture

I'm not lecturing I've been banned for drink driving many years ago and been in plenty of trouble(always when drinking).just glad I don't have to live that life anymore....

It's a nightmare living a lie......๐Ÿ‘

I'm not lecturing I've been banned from drink driving many years ago and been in plenty of trouble(always when drinking).just glad I don't have to live that life anymore....

It's a nightmare living a lie......๐Ÿ‘
Please tell me the lie I'm living, I only drink when I'm out. Never drink, or very rarely, drink in the house and don't even drink on holiday before mid afternoon. If having a few pints with my son when working hard all day away from home makes me an alcoholic then it's a sad world.
I think all the drugs you took, and I've never even smoked a joint, has warped your mind and you now think you're some avenging angel that can lecture people, fairly sad.

Please tell me the lie I'm living, I only drink when I'm out. Never drink, or very rarely, drink in the house and don't even drink on holiday before mid afternoon. If having a few pints with my son when working hard all day away from home makes me an alcoholic then it's a sad world.
I think all the drugs you took, and I've never even smoked a joint, has warped your mind and you now think you're some avenging angel that can lecture people, fairly sad.
Do what you want mate...knock yourself out!๐Ÿ‘

Ive done my partying in my younger days,nothing sadder than seeing middle age drunks in a pub,a complete waste of time and money

30-35 pints is ridiculous.thats around 80 units just for a weekend.i reckon you must be close to 100 units a week!and you don't think your an alcoholic?๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
lol โ€˜middle aged drunksโ€™. If you mean middle aged blokes having a great laugh in the pub, yep, thatโ€™s us.
Alcoholics canโ€™t go without alcohol. I do this 5 days a week, so yes, I know Iโ€™m not an alcoholic.
Anyway, congratulations on putting 4 post together without mentioning you do a 4 day week and have a hot water system.
Bet youโ€™re hilarious company ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜˜

lol โ€˜middle aged drunksโ€™. If you mean middle aged blokes having a great laugh in the pub, yep, thatโ€™s us.
Alcoholics canโ€™t go without alcohol. I do this 5 days a week, so yes, I know Iโ€™m not an alcoholic.
Anyway, congratulations on putting 4 post together without mentioning you do a 4 day week and have a hot water system.
Bet youโ€™re hilarious company ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜˜

Do what you want mate but drinking 30-35 pints every weekend is a serious binge drinking problem whether you like it or not and will play havoc with your health if you carry on fella

Do what you want mate but drinking 30-35 pints every weekend is a serious binge drinking problem whether you like it or not and will play havoc with your health if you carry on fella
Thatโ€™s a maximum. If Iโ€™m out for a meal with the wife and other couples then it will be less.
It may sound pretentious, but I have a fantastic social life and if it means knocking a few years off my life then so be it. Rather live life than just exist ๐Ÿ‘

There's some proper pussies on here, I'm 60 and cleaned circa 450 flats with my son over the last 3 days. About half of these 3 floors and the other half 4, with a few 5.
Currently in the Indians on my 2nd 660ml Cobra, after 5 pints in the pub and got to be in Chatham at 8 tomorrow morning to do 3 x 4 floor blocks. Who needs the gym when you're pushing poles all day. As for getting protein when a garlic nan is available. Enjoy your boring mundane lives lads ๐Ÿ˜

Exactly couldnโ€™t agree more , donโ€™t need to go to the gym never have never will most that do are just posers , ime 61 and we have a guy on our fire station that looks like arnie muscles on muscles and he canโ€™t walk to a gorse fire across moorland with out having to stop after 20 muinits walking , ime fat and over weight and can out perform him in every physical aspect of the job and heโ€™s 34 .

Thatโ€™s a maximum. If Iโ€™m out for a meal with the wife and other couples then it will be less.
It may sound pretentious, but I have a fantastic social life and if it means knocking a few years off my life then so be it. Rather live life than just exist ๐Ÿ‘
So you think if you don't drink alcohol then you must just 'exist'(as in waiting to die?๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ)and that you can't live life without alcohol?

So you think if you don't drink alcohol then you must just 'exist'(as in waiting to die?๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ)and that you can't live life without alcohol?
I didnโ€™t say that did I ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„.
Read the post properly. I said I have a good social life. That means enjoying yourself whether drinking is involved or not.
You sure youโ€™re not Scottish in disguise? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

Well I've been doing it, and probably more, for 40 years, would've been 42 without Covid. Has it taken it's toll on me? Probably but I'm still capable of doing a proper day's work.
By the way you need to read what the definition of what an alcoholic is because both @steve garwood and myself wouldn't fall into that bracket

Each to their own I say. As long as youโ€™re enjoying yourself and happy then crack on. As long as you can self regulate your drinking and have a good time doin it then thereโ€™s nothing wrong with that. Itโ€™s when your drinking as a need and not for pleasure when it becomes a problem. Two close friends of mine are seriously ill and have been in hospital with liver failure very close to death from drinking so itโ€™s not to be taken lightly. For those of you that think this job keeps you fit though I would seriously reconsider. Maybe it was a bit tougher years ago running up and down ladders but these days itโ€™s a doddle. It can get tiring and achey on big days but thatโ€™s cos itโ€™s reparative, straining your muscles but certainly not giving them a proper workout. I bet most in here donโ€™t even break a sweat whilst working. I honestly thought I was relatively fit doin this job all my life until I started Muay Thai 4/5 times a week. What an eye opener that was. Nowadays Iโ€™d rather hit the bag than the bottle and feel much better and deffo more productive for it but like I said, each to their own and as long as your enjoying life.

My name is Iron Giant and I'm an alcoholic because I like two beers on a evening and a few more on a weekend, this makes me an alcoholic and I really don't care, I'm enjoying my life as I see fit,

people can be super healthy for years then wind up dead in their 50's or graft like anything for that golden pension and sacrifice things then be knackered within a few years or as a mate of my wifes' both her and her husband worked really hard retired a year ago and he has been diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Live your life how you see fit and don't give a :poop: what anyone else thinks, that's my take on it

I didnโ€™t say that did I ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„.
Read the post properly. I said I have a good social life. That means enjoying yourself whether drinking is involved or not.
You sure youโ€™re not Scottish in disguise? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

Your insinuating that all the people who don't drink alcohol must just 'exist' as if the only choice is

Drink and have fun

give up alcohol and just 'exist'

I used to have that attitude when all my mates were drinkers,most are dead now,they all died in their late 30s,early 40s.....

Now I can't stand being around drunk people....ahem!it's boring!!!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜˜

Each to their own I say. As long as youโ€™re enjoying yourself and happy then crack on. As long as you can self regulate your drinking and have a good time doin it then thereโ€™s nothing wrong with that. Itโ€™s when your drinking as a need and not for pleasure when it becomes a problem. Two close friends of mine are seriously ill and have been in hospital with liver failure very close to death from drinking so itโ€™s not to be taken lightly. For those of you that think this job keeps you fit though I would seriously reconsider. Maybe it was a bit tougher years ago running up and down ladders but these days itโ€™s a doddle. It can get tiring and achey on big days but thatโ€™s cos itโ€™s reparative, straining your muscles but certainly not giving them a proper workout. I bet most in here donโ€™t even break a sweat whilst working. I honestly thought I was relatively fit doin this job all my life until I started Muay Thai 4/5 times a week. What an eye opener that was. Nowadays Iโ€™d rather hit the bag than the bottle and feel much better and deffo more productive for it but like I said, each to their own and as long as your enjoying life.
I've been surrounded by alcoholism and drug addiction all my adult life,its absolutely rife round here.....8 guys I used to drink with all died in their late 30s,early 40s...most of the others i went to school with are smackheads now or morbidly obese and can't walk properly....

I have got one old school mate who finally stopped drinking when he fell down the stairs and broke his jaw,fractured his skull and damaged his back,ended up in hospital and nearly died....

I've spent many years helping guys stop drinking,it's wonderful to see some of them transform their lives again...

I wouldn't of been able to do it without alcoholics anonymous though.its a wonderful fellowship for some people who want another way out...

Your insinuating that all the people who don't drink alcohol must just 'exist' as if the only choice is

Drink and have fun

I used to have that attitude when all my mates were drinkers,most are dead now,they all died in their late 30s,early 40s.....

Now I can't stand being around drunk people....ahem!it's
I've been surrounded by alcoholism and drug addiction all my adult life,its absolutely rife round here.....8 guys I used to drink with all died in their late 30s,early 40s...most of the others i went to school with are smackheads now or morbidly obese and can't walk properly....

I have got one old school mate who finally stopped drinking when he fell down the stairs and broke his jaw,fractured his skull and damaged his back,ended up in hospital and nearly died....

I've spent many years helping guys stop drinking,it's wonderful to see some of them transform their lives again...

I wouldn't of been able to do it without alcoholics anonymous though.its a wonderful fellowship for some people who want another way out...

Once again youโ€™re talking about alcoholics, completely different from those who like a good session at weekends. Iโ€™ve been friends with mates for over 35 years that love a good drink at the weekends. Oh, and none of them are dead ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

Drink and have fun

I think it's a great achievement that you have stopped drinking but it's also maybe somewhat sad that you can't have a drink, without the potential of plunging into addiction again,

One of my best mates who a grew up with from the age of 5 died because he just couldn't stop with the drink and drugs,

I have probably had more alcohol and done more drugs than you and was surrounded by addiction even in a somewhat sleepy village, I got my **** together and got married then we moved somewhere else, some of the same people are doing the same things,

But I am able to live my life and have a few drinks, it never effects my ability to do things or go to work and work hard to support my family.

Drink and have fun

Can't wait to exit

Back