Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ae mackintosh pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi Shinyboy

If the section is spinning within 30 days then something is not right with the pole.

1. Does the clamp need adjusting - these need to be set up so that they hold the section tight from new. Then keep them adjusted during the life of the pole to ensure most reliable clamping life.

2. If adjusting the clamp up does not sort this then something must be wrong. Please send us an email on [email protected] with your telephone number & one of our team can call you back & help get whatever is wrong sorted.

Alex
Hi Alex. Yeah it's been adjusted and its adjusted on a daily basis. Spinning on section 1 and 3 the most. Don't normally have a problem with your poles Alex.

Phantom poles for me
Never get spinning with them and not even worn at all in 9 months

I have worked in snow since 1991 and never a problem trad or wfp
I have to say Dave my 18ft phantom pole has lasted very well indeed in fact I was looking forward to trying a boss 18 but I just can’t kill the phantom ? she just keeps on trucking i have a few niggles with it tho first is the them plastic things in sections that the univalve won’t go through don’t see the need for them and second in the angle neck thing is stuck on the clamp apart from that it’s ace pole

I have to say Dave my 18ft phantom pole has lasted very well indeed in fact I was looking forward to trying a boss 18 but I just can’t kill the phantom ? she just keeps on trucking i have a few niggles with it tho first is the them plastic things in sections that the univalve won’t go through don’t see the need for them and second in the angle neck thing is stuck on the clamp apart from that it’s ace pole
I found the euro threaded fitting that comes with the poles stick on both my 18 and 30 and my hybrid phoenix 18 with phantom clamp upgrade but the precision angle neck with the quick brush release doesn’t
It’s as if the ones that come with it are slightly too big for the hole

I started this thread because I couldn’t find any info about his self named pole anywhere. I would never buy anything at this price without a proper review or an unbiased test. There’s literally no info about it except on his socials. This is a red flag straight away. I’ve been in the business 23 years but only wfp two years hence the question about poles.
Looking like a gardiner slx at this stage. Seems like the best value for money and an industry favourite.
I’ve been in the window game for nearly 40 years and WFP 25 years Gardiner SLX poles are great.
But the clamps are completely outdated, and stuck on when I last used them
Hence exceed innovations clamp from WCW they are without doubt the best clamps period…..
Swap them over, just bear in mind you lose abit of pole, chopping the clamps off and have to use insulation tape to cater for slight pole diameter differencs on some of the sections.
Alternatively you could try the phantom carbon pole with the clamps already on, not a bad pole, protector inserts, fairly rigid, slightly thinner than Gardiner in the hand on the base section.
Best brush well need I say ……?

I’ve been in the window game for nearly 40 years and WFP 25 years Gardiner SLX poles are great.
But the clamps are completely outdated, and stuck on when I last used them
Hence exceed innovations clamp from WCW they are without doubt the best clamps period…..
Swap them over, just bear in mind you lose abit of pole, chopping the clamps off and have to use insulation tape to cater for slight pole diameter differencs on some of the sections.
Alternatively you could try the phantom carbon pole with the clamps already on, not a bad pole, protector inserts, fairly rigid, slightly thinner than Gardiner in the hand on the base section.
Best brush well need I say ……?
I’ve got an ova8 and I think that what I’ll be sticking with in future. Great pole.

I’ve got an ova8 and I think that what I’ll be sticking with in future. Great pole.
Couple local cleaners to me as an oval 8 poles I personally like the feel of the pole but heavy compared to my extremes especially the 17’ version very heavy.

Couple local cleaners to me as an oval 8 poles I personally like the feel of the pole but heavy compared to my extremes especially the 17’ version very heavy.
Never actually had a go with an extreme I would probably snap one tbh. But honestly I will.never have a round pole again the fact xline have changed the shape to hex then surely gardiner are thinking of going that way soon. Which in turn I will then buy gardiner poles again. For me gardiner have gone very quiet with new products brushes poles etc so I'd like to think that means there in the process of something new @Alex Gardiner ?

Latest Posts

Back