Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

mid life crisis! Windows could be the solution

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If I was you I'd use Green pro's lead generation.
By far the best value.
When my sister no longer needs a job canvassing from me I'll be asking Darren straight away for continual leads.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

You get what you pay for in this economy. Personally I’d rather put a good chunk of cash into buying a well established round or a good chunk of time into canvassing your self. Either way it’s gonna cost you but the rewards will be for greater. Canvassers and lead generators are cheaper for a reason.

I I hear you dave but the risk of buying a round seems to great to me. Especially as I have no experience yet but buying customers who could just leave after finding out I'm new scares me. If i knew 100% that buying a round is guaranteed I'd buy it. I've text lead generation for some general info. I have every intention of canvassing myself but feel i'll need some serious help to get established 

Im still open to all ideas

I I hear you dave but the risk of buying a round seems to great to me. Especially as I have no experience yet but buying customers who could just leave after finding out I'm new scares me. If i knew 100% that buying a round is guaranteed I'd buy it. I've text lead generation for some general info. I have every intention of canvassing myself but feel i'll need some serious help to get established 
Im still open to all ideas
Fair dos but sometimes you’ve gotta take risks to succeed. There are also things you can do when buying them ensure a smooth transition. Things like working the work first and introducing yourself to the customers etc. I’d also be wary of all these franchises that keep popping up as there’s only one winner with those. You’d be better off on someone’s payroll.
Tbh before putting a lot of time and money into something you have no experience in and something you may turn out to regret I’d consider getting a job with someone first to build a good idea of what your letting yourself in for and you will be able to get to know the industry a little before making the plunge.

When I set up twenty odd years ago tradding I bought a smallish round off a chap who had a couple of lads working for him and did 3 days of free labour to get a feel for it, anyway I bought it and picked up loads more in the intervening years making a nice compact local round.
I've also sold work over the years and took the buyer with me to meet the customers who he'll be cleaning for, never had any issues either way.
I wouldn't personally be keen on the franchise route because you'll be paying someone else for your labours.
But ultimately the choice is yours, just go in with your eyes wide open.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Dave I don't disagree one bit with with buying a well established , rightly priced round.
The problems there are though is a suitable one for sale where your wanting to work and in my experience the price of jobs.
Whenever iv bought rounds they mostly seem to be vastly underpriced jobs.
I'm still getting prices up where they belong from rounds I bought a decade ago as you can't buy a round and wack the prices straight up .
Canvassing is good .
My best earning rounds are from roads IV canvassed.
The key is once you've got a round recanvas your roads every year to compact them.
Still if I was starting out today I'd use Darren's lead generation then canvass the roads he gets me leads on as people will see me on the road.
Then recanvas every year.
In 10 years you become the dominant window cleaner on most your roads that way .
You've compact work Dave, I'm guessing that's from recanvasing regularly

Fair dos but sometimes you’ve gotta take risks to succeed. There are also things you can do when buying them ensure a smooth transition. Things like working the work first and introducing yourself to the customers etc. I’d also be wary of all these franchises that keep popping up as there’s only one winner with those. You’d be better off on someone’s payroll.
Tbh before putting a lot of time and money into something you have no experience in and something you may turn out to regret I’d consider getting a job with someone first to build a good idea of what your letting yourself in for and you will be able to get to know the industry a little before making the plunge.

Dave's right about getting some experience with another windy.
You'd learn the ropes much quicker that way and then you can make sure your a quality windy.
New customers are going to look for quality straight away mate

Yes I've got time to practice when I get my equipment. In the mean time I'll approach a local cleaner, but if I'm totally honest he will probably see me as competition / enemy ☺ 

I'll come up with something 

Last edited by a moderator:
You would spend your money wiser and be much better off buying a decent round.There is some complete rubbish out there for sale but also some good stuff it saves a lot of time and will get you to where you want to be a lot quicker.

Found a place that will kit a van out for a wfp system.  Has anyone used a service like this and is it worth it? I personally wouldn't like to do it myself , doesn't seem like a simple job with a lot that Could go wrong. Anyway this place is in Barry, Wales I assume.  They will even provide a new van but i'll be looking for a newish second hand one and give it to them if I decided on this

Making my first financial comments tomorrow,  Tds meter ☺ we have rubbish water in manc so expecting full filter system 

Yes!! 5 kw heater should be ok ☺ 

Rather than spending 8/10 grand on gear spend a couple of grand on gear and the rest on gaining work. You can make a wfp van mount for peanuts, £500 all in.

Once you have the work and the income you can finance a better van and gear.

No use having 10k worth of gear and no work.

Latest Posts

Back