Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My new Gardiner backpack trolley

WCF

Help Support WCF:

:specsThat backpack is the same as the one I use . But my sack truck isn't study enough . Any chance of a link or some info were you got the trolley . Cheers Elliot
This is the one I got.

The Handy Folding Sack Truck:Amazon.co.uk:DIY & Tools

£39.99 and free delivery. The one that arrived was the exact same one as in the picture on the link but was a different colour which I actually think looks better.

Let me know if you need help with the various connectors and parts. I found it a bit confusing to begin with.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for the quick reply Adam . Your set up looks great . A couple more questions . I will understand if I don't get a reply for s couple of days . New Year's Eve and drinking . I've only just spotted the 2 handles that stick out do they get in the way , can they be removed . I like just the p shaped handle. Also how much hose do you think is good . I have 10 metres sometimes could do with a bit more . Cheers Eliot .

Nice set up but you can't easily separate the back pack from the trolley can you as the hose is tied around it? Sometimes I have to go through houses. Is that tube the red hose goes through something you added on?

Nice set up but you can't easily separate the back pack from the trolley can you as the hose is tied around it? Sometimes I have to go through houses. Is that tube the red hose goes through something you added on?
You're right about not being able to remove the backpack easily. I go through quite a few houses too and in the past would sometimes quickly take off the backpack for ease. This new trolley is much lighter than my old one and it's a fair bit narrower. I don't think it will be too much of an issue for me to pick it up and carry it through the odd house that has carpet down. Worst case scenario I'll leave the backpack out the front and run the hose through.

Forgot to reply to the bit about the tube for the red hose. I added that on myself just to keep things a bit neater. I originally taped it on but then decided to cable tie it. I need to remove the red tape.

Thanks for the quick reply Adam . Your set up looks great . A couple more questions . I will understand if I don't get a reply for s couple of days . New Year's Eve and drinking . I've only just spotted the 2 handles that stick out do they get in the way , can they be removed . I like just the p shaped handle. Also how much hose do you think is good . I have 10 metres sometimes could do with a bit more . Cheers Eliot .
Do you mean the handles on the sack barrow? I don't find they get in the way. My old sack barrow had the same type of handles and they were never an issue. I think 30m would be a good start but it depends on what the houses are like in your area. If you wanted to leave your backpack in the back of your van you'd obviously need much more hose.

You're right about not being able to remove the backpack easily. I go through quite a few houses too and in the past would sometimes quickly take off the backpack for ease. This new trolley is much lighter than my old one and it's a fair bit narrower. I don't think it will be too much of an issue for me to pick it up and carry it through the odd house that has carpet down. Worst case scenario I'll leave the backpack out the front and run the hose through.
Forgot to reply to the bit about the tube for the red hose. I added that on myself just to keep things a bit neater. I originally taped it on but then decided to cable tie it. I need to remove the red tape.
There is a Range over the road from me I might pop over? I've got mine on a Ikea trolley which does the job but could with something that'll go over gravel easier, I may get some re-usable ties which unclip so I can separate the backpack when needed.

Here's a bit of info from the side of the box. View attachment 8780
That trolley on the box looks different to the one on the box? You've gotta watch these trolleys with folding mechanisms I've had 2 of the ones with fold out wheels the mechanisms broke, I've got another one to go back here with telescopic handle the springs fell off at work.

That trolley on the box looks different to the one on the box? You've gotta watch these trolleys with folding mechanisms I've had 2 of the ones with fold out wheels the mechanisms broke, I've got another one to go back here with telescopic handle the springs fell off at work.
Yeah, the trolley i thought I was ordering ended up being different from the one on the box which ended up being different from the one in the box. I'm pleased with it though and it seems solid. Amazon's customer service is excellent so I'm not too worried about it. They'll replace it no questions asked.

Yeah, the trolley i thought I was ordering ended up being different from the one on the box which ended up being different from the one in the box. I'm pleased with it though and it seems solid. Amazon's customer service is excellent so I'm not too worried about it. They'll replace it no questions asked.
These are the ones you've gotta watch, anything with open and close mechanisms.View attachment 6094

View attachment 6093

I deliberately steered clear of that type but mainly because of the wheels. They don't look like they'll stand up to much use. The wheels on mine are puncture proof.

That looks almost identical to my old sack barrow. The only thing I'd be wary of is the height. My old one was a fraction too high to get it easily in and out of my van whereas my new one is the perfect height and I don't need to angle it to get it in properly.

Yeh the height is a factor . Also I don't like the 2 handles . I prefer to push or pull the trolley with one hand while carrying the pole in the other .

I was thinking something along the lines of a piece of down pipe with a cap with some holes drilled in on the bottom end and then attached to the side of the trolley. A job for tomorrow if I'm not too hungover I think.

Back