Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My new Gardiner backpack trolley

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What adapters and fittings will I need?
I got Gardiner backpack too
These are all the fittings you need. Make sure you have some cable ties and some jubilee clips too. Small jubilee clips for the hose connectors and a couple of big ones to attach the hose reel to the trolley. Ignore the 8mm connector. I bought that for someone else to save them paying delivery. And ignore O ring clamp thingys. I had planned to use them but found it easier to use mini jubilee clips instead. View attachment 6096

The fuel pipe clamps i use don't work loose which is why i use them and not proper jubilee clips

My pole holder is downpipe cable tied to side of trolley. Pretty simple, works great. I find the wheels and bearings take a real hammering. Got a garage fool of broken trolley bits.

My pole holder is downpipe cable tied to side of trolley. Pretty simple, works great. I find the wheels and bearings take a real hammering. Got a garage fool of broken trolley bits.
Gotta picture of the ties on the trolley?

Gotta picture of the ties on the trolley?
I'll do one in the morning. It literally is a piece of pipe tied to the trolley. I have a tennis ball rammed in the bottom to hold pole in. Very simple.

My next door neighbour had a four foot length of pipe in their front garden that I've been meaning to grab. I took my recycling out this morning and noticed it's gone so I'm going to have to buy some now.

Just been to range pick up couple hose reels but don't stock the mini one?On the website it is 19.99
The one one that I got wasn't on the website but they had it in store. Your store must be out of stock.

I've been using my Gardiner backpack for a couple of months now and love it. I've had it strapped to a sack barrow that I found when out working one day. It worked but it didn't look great and was a pain trying to keep the hose tidy. It was a bit tall too so was a pain in the **** getting it in and out of the van. Another problem was that the only hose I was using was the pole hose meaning I could never be too far from the backpack. I needed to upgrade.
Today I took delivery of a new sack barrow and some parts from Gardiner. I picked up a hose reel the other day and already had 30m of micro bore that if bought a while back but never used.

Total cost (excluding the backpack) was around £88. The hose reel was only £6.99 (down from £9.99) in The Range. It won't last forever but at that price I don't mind replacing it every six months or so.

It's not the most exciting thing in the world but I thought I'd share it anyway. It might come in handy for someone.

And thanks to @daveyboy1 for pointing me in the right direction when it came to the adapters and fittings.

View attachment 8774 View attachment 8775 View attachment 8776 View attachment 8777 View attachment 8778
adam thats great bit of kit wish i had that tidy set up when I was using the back packs

great idea having that 30m of hose on the reel nice one like it

Any links to where I can get one these mini hose reels?
I'm not sure where else you could get one. I've just had a look at their website and they've got this one for £20. It's the same reel that I've got but comes with the hose and all the fittings. It's more expensive than what I paid but I'd have bought it if I had no other choice and just used the hose in the garden. View attachment 6106

Back