Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My View On The Tecbuk Highbride Brush 3 Months In

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You would be drawn in Richard as the op below if you remember was about the weight of your brush. Not only that the design of the brush head that could also damage customers property that so happens other window cleaners have concerns with too including myself.

I must say Richard you do yourself no favours at all by being so rude when ppl make constructive comments about your brush.

Women use Tecbuk brushes, LoL, sorry for laughing. I think Sharon on here (the forum) said her Tecbuk brush has saved her a whole days cleaning time. There is more weight in the Tecbuk cleaning bristle, than the extreme brushes, so you must spend longer holding that heavy wfp (it must be heavy by your definition, all brushes are lighter).

As for damaging customer’s windows, it’s possible, put a dent in softwood window frames or chip paint off is easy to do, and bound to happen from time to time, but that also applies to any brush. It really is the operators fault for causing damage.

Learn to clean without bashing the brush around; you must be losing time thrashing the brush around uncontrollably whacking the frames with the brush stock is not how you clean, much better to use the bristles in a methodical way, most window ‘shapes’ are pretty straight forwards not complicated or awkward – what the rush? (Cleaning method no good, Price too cheap, Brush to slow etc) It literally only takes a second or two to clean most windows, I don’t have time to bang the customers frames

Richard

Lol.. I enjoy when Richard gets talking!!

Tho I agree with the banging being operators fault.. And any brush can bang if you let it!

I found when I upgraded to a carbon fibre pole, it was 20 times easier to control the brush, i was working faster, and also it was lighter!

Indeed, i did state the user was new with wfp.

Myself,my dad and 6 others have all trained up using Gardiner Brushes, no complaints of banging...

Yet one chap who has been cleaning for a few months uses a tecbuk and bangs the brickwork/frames a few times... customer complains and cancels.

i have used a few brushes an never had the banging prob b for. ive had gardener xtream, super light vikan swivel, the tecbuk is a gud brush but i just fiel it needs a we twick, a stiffer pole may help as i use a clx27 i think its gud to pick at stuff cos any thing can b inprouved

I disagree as marks vid clearly shows this.... Also his comments confirm that there is an issue with the brush head.

Confirms what smurf? The only issue I remember mark having with it was the weight which I agree with it could be lighter.

I found that the tecbuk brush cleans excellent but as you know I live in the country so most of my work is old Georgian or leaded windows so I have to be quiet carefull I found that it was scarey using the tecbuk as the stock was very hard so it slowed me down great on double glazing (modern house) cut the stock in half what a brush we would get (damo still waiting )

Indeed, i did state the user was new with wfp.

Myself,my dad and 6 others have all trained up using Gardiner Brushes, no complaints of banging...

Yet one chap who has been cleaning for a few months uses a tecbuk and bangs the brickwork/frames a few times... customer complains and cancels.
I hear you Damo; I will take you comments on board. But to be fair it’s not a concern, but could be improved. As it is mostly just a different or louder sound. Your comments about a customer cancelling because of the noise are the first time I have heard this since the brushes release in 2010.

All these comments when cleaning about constantly bashing the frames, is surprising – what’s going on? Why is there a need to hit the frames/brickwork with the brush head when cleaning? Is it the pole, or the brush you use, method, what?

Richard

Aluminium, Steel, Timber Composites, uPVC or Plastic frames, Hardwood window frames will all be ok with the brush, its only softwood window frames that you have to be careful, this applies to all brushes though.

I do test brushes, but I don't clean the windows for you. :Image2:

Saying that is you’re waving the pole around like a Kendo warrior, I’m surprised you haven’t broken any glass in the windows as well, as glass can be fragile.

Richard

I can show you around 20 brushes and they all look like new around the edges. We don't bang frames or brick walls. But when you first start out control can be very hard or accuracy I would say.

I never lost the customer it was on my dads round if I would have know in time I would have gone round and asked the customer for more info. But I was told too late.

And mark that's disappointing it was sent two or three days after you sending address. So urmmmmmm will have to dig out proof of postage. Another reason why I have stopped using RM

I have looked at loads of videos on you tube in the last 30 minutes every one hits the frames at some point when cleaning frames in fact I cant find one I am sure they are there but it is a little bit of proof but we all hit the frame even if we think we don't

So your point is Mark?

Oh sorry I forgot you already mentioned that in your vid... like use a wfp brush that is less likely to cause damage to the frames, brickwork/ render on window surrounds if accidently bashed with the stock of the brush

Go back 2 pages and everybody has said they don't bang frames when cleaning them .So my point is when I said that I clean old property's say 300 years old with stone mullions I want to be very careful and I found the tecbuk scary because the stock was solid so when people watch the videos they can see how easy it is to knock the frames .This is a window cleaning training video he knocked when cleaning the window frame

Indeed Mark as I try to be very careful like you no matter what type of property I work on.

The type of brush I choose to use for a particular job is important to me too. Hence why I agree with your comments about the tecbuk brush stock that quite honestly put me right off using that brush.

I have looked at loads of videos on you tube in the last 30 minutes every one hits the frames at some point when cleaning frames in fact I cant find one I am sure they are there but it is a little bit of proof but we all hit the frame even if we think we don't
Videos prove the point; they show you can hit frames without damaging them, other than softwood window frames which are more likely to get damaged.

Richard

Latest Posts

Back