Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My View On The Tecbuk Highbride Brush 3 Months In

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've said this before and will say it again; your brushes are very well made, each a masterpiece, but they are too heavy. They also don't work with one pass on the glass and no rinse, even with a high water flow, as you promote they do.

I found the brush too heavy as an every day brush as I think Lee did. Is he still using it? No. Neither am I, probably for the same reason. I'm able to do more with a lighter brush than I can with a heavy one. We started with Vikans and will never go back to them again, not because they didn't work well, but because they were too heavy.
This is what I am getting at.

Gardiner claims they have a light brush and it is light. They claim its the lightest and it is.

The evidence is clear. Brushes weighing little over 100 grams.

I want to know how Richard can say its a fast brush, and promotes no rinsing on something like 70% of glass. When nobody here found this. And you and lee found this.

That's all I want is some proof. Not well this brush 46,000 bristles compared to 16,000 etc.

I see very little difference between and extreme and sill brush.

That's a great idea Dodge mate, have bought some velcro today and stuck it to the ends of my brushes, trying it out for the first time later :Image9:

Heavy duty velcro stuck on the ends of the stock, not only stops any banging also comes in extremely handy for scrubbing bird poo. Job done.

If only I was eligible for the comp dagnabit lol.

Yeah I use one on my dual trim and the cladding

Brush. Very snug fit and yeah they are great. But they do wear out quite quickly I think.

So would you say damo using the velcro idea might last a bit longer as dodger mentioned also with the added benifit of using the velcro as a scrub pad?

This is what I am getting at.

Gardiner claims they have a light brush and it is light. They claim its the lightest and it is.

The evidence is clear. Brushes weighing little over 100 grams.

I want to know how Richard can say its a fast brush, and promotes no rinsing on something like 70% of glass. When nobody here found this. And you and lee found this.

That's all I want is some proof. Not well this brush 46,000 bristles compared to 16,000 etc.

I see very little difference between and extreme and sill brush.
I think with some Gardiner customers you will only use his equipment regardless if it’s better or worse than others.

Mark claims the brush (Tecbuk) is to heavy, yet women can use them and Gardiner’s have the super light brush before the extreme and no doubt you didn’t complain about the weight of the super light, which closely matches the Tecbuk brushes weights.

Today Damo I cleaned a large commercial building, didn’t rinse at all, I can do this you cant, in fact I never do a final rinse on this building, I only rinse a single pane, if it has had a bird strike. I also cleaned 9 other jobs and don’t recall doing a full final rinse on any of them.

Use the Gardiner’s brushes if that is what you are happy with, no need to get upset if my brushes are more effective. The problem you will encounter if you expect one supplier to deliver all the best wfp equipment, all the time – is it’s never going to happen.

I understand you have no choice but to keep looking for reasons to justify only buying Gardiner’s. Personally I would put your own business first rather than any suppliers business.

Richard

I think I have typed out around 15 replies.

But I think I will take your advice.

Time is money and cba with this now.

When I come across a cleaner using a tecbuk I will ask how he gets on with it and report back next year on what he said.

So would you say damo using the velcro idea might last a bit longer as dodger mentioned also with the added benifit of using the velcro as a scrub pad?
Mark m posted a link to eBay a long time ago. Velcro scrub pads. They didn't work for me as they came unstuck from the brush very quickly.

perhaps we do bang the brush a bit but u obviously dont notice with a xtream as its so lite im gina b using my flocked vikan 2 moz cos im on leaded all day with a few normal windows an each house will c wat happens with the banging ?

would like to see a video of that Richard whenever you get the time to post one.

Today Damo I cleaned a large commercial building, didn’t rinse at all, I can do this you cant, in fact I never do a final rinse on this building, I only rinse a single pane, if it has had a bird strike. I also cleaned 9 other jobs and don’t recall doing a full final rinse on any of them.

I think I have typed out around 15 replies.

But I think I will take your advice.

Time is money and cba with this now.

When I come across a cleaner using a tecbuk I will ask how he gets on with it and report back next year on what he said.
You’re happy with your extreme brush Damo because they are light; I think you said you need to use the lightest brush because of an injury, so keep using them. That’s a perfectly valid reason and is probably the perfect brush for you. :Image12:

Richard

well used super lite an vikan today dident have any truble with banging on fraims, the stock on tecbuk i think just needs a we trim lol thats all i think richard has made a very gud brush tho cleans well .richard do u think u may trim the stock in time at a later date ?

Would be easy to supply/fit small Velcro pads or a soft bumper to either end of the brush, I will look into it.

Richard

that was what i was also thinking bumper bar , it would b nce to c u an alex come together his xtreem stock an ur brissels that would b a blady gud brush gardeners liteness an ur scrubbing power .

I can already make 180g brush; just not for sale and undecided on whether to make it ready for sale. The final product fully jetted and with pole adapter will be around 199grams.

I don’t think I would want to make a brush like the extreme with only 4 rows of bristle & half the weigh in cleaning bristles. Any Improvements in wfp brushes form me, means the brush would have to maintain current speed of cleaning.

If you really want me to make a brush about the same weight as the extreme – put your money up and I will make you something – got to be worth my time – so no small orders, I’m afraid. You can have a lot of imputed, as it is your brush, tell me what you want - within reason -how many rows of bristles, type of bristle you want any particular mix or layout etc.

Richard

Sorry Richard but I still can't get my head around why you think your brush is quicker than any other brush available to buy.

lol .sory richard didemt mean lose any brisels keep the same amount just put them on an xtreem stock like u say less brisels less scrubing power.that 199 gram brush sounds gud tho think u will b serprised how meny u will sell when word gets out hope u dont mind my input .

Back