Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Not another new starter...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

For the backpack

rectus 21 series female x *mm hose tail

For pole hose

Rectus 21 series MALE x *mm hose tail

Depending on the ID of the 2 hoses.

So this is what I’ve received : obviously messed up somewhere, probably my mistake but I did speak to the company before I made my order to confirm .

the orange and black hozelock came with my back pack, was told to order the male hozelock to connect to that but This obviously doesn’t connect to my pole hose as that is also male! 

D57C5039-93B3-4BA1-9431-71CF48E20274.jpeg

ED0F6B66-D703-44CB-9A88-8AB65AF5B4A8.jpeg

CD0B53C4-FCEA-445A-931A-2E451C4C75B8.jpeg

I think you can either take of the male end from pole hose and replace with what you have in your hand or take off hozelock and put female ez snap in. I'm assuming the pipe in your left hand screws on to back pack
Yes that’s right, the first picture is the hose that connects to the backpack. I seem to missing the Female ez which is where I’ve gone wrong I think.

thanks for your help 

The male hozelock could well fit inside your pole hose instead of the Ez Snap male. If you need it urgently I'd look at using it that way whilst waiting for the Ez Snap female to arrive. Removing and replacing parts from pole hoses etc is easier if you put the hose into a cup of boiling water.  

The male hozelock could well fit inside your pole hose instead of the Ez Snap male. If you need it urgently I'd look at using it that way whilst waiting for the Ez Snap female to arrive. Removing and replacing parts from pole hoses etc is easier if you put the hose into a cup of boiling water.  
Just looked at doing this but the male hozelock seems quite a bit bigger than the ez snap that’s currently in there. Didn’t want to force it in and damage the hose?? Not sure if these pictures do it justice 

0369BCFD-E4C5-4F5E-9DD0-BCCFD4DDFF96.jpeg

8F06A144-F4FF-42A4-AEF3-9EAFAFF2D451.jpeg

I would always use clips 
Well there’s no need. I have univalves on 3 poles, all without clips. Never has the hose pulled off once.

Also, if ever you do want to remove them, you just use a Stanley knife and make a cut longways down the tube, and off it pops. Piece of doddle ?

Well there’s no need. I have univalves on 3 poles, all without clips. Never has the hose pulled off once.

Also, if ever you do want to remove them, you just use a Stanley knife and make a cut longways down the tube, and off it pops. Piece of doddle ?
I think you would need clips if using hot water, might be wrong though. Just been out shopping for my now Friday night treat. Working away 4 days, 3 nights, next week so as hotel bar is shut ? I thought I will take my own refreshments. Hope my son isn't thirsty  :dancingparty:

20200612_200032.jpg

We don’t use univalves but any connection using hot water needs clips or it will leak badly on some joints you have to double clip them to prevent leaks or the hose coming off the barb . 

Interesting. I’ll be swapping my pole hose over soon as mine getting those annoying twists that never come out. I’ll try then try it without o’s

Just about to fit univalve. Watched the YouTube videos but no one seems to have the orange hose connected to the brush head, this came with my order. Everyone just seems to be connecting the pole hose directly to the head? Will it matter if I connected univalve to the green hose even though that’s not connected to brush head? 

3506AB00-7560-410E-B92C-3231CF76FDAE.jpeg

Make sure you get the univalve the right way up and don't shove the hose right up to the body of the univalve. The stopper on the hose that comes through the pole is critical because it will be taking all the force. I use PU hose and don't fit clips on it to hold as once its on its not coming off again.

Back