Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Percentages %

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Haynesy

Go on then lads, give us your percentages.

I've been gaining a lot of new customers lately but a lot of them want to be cleaned every 8 weeks.

I don't mind because I charge a little bit more but I know I'm going to need a third more customers than normal to build a round.

4 weekly = 9.23 %

6 weekly = 13.04

8 weekly = 76.08

12 weekly = 1.08%

6 monthly = 0.54%

Am I making a mistake?

8 weekly beats 4 weekly long term IF you are charging more for it for 2 reasons.

Higher turnover for the year

And less impact on turnover if you lose one

The downside is it takes longer to build.

I started off offering 4 weekly and didn't mention 8 weekly unless they insisted. Now I offer it at 50 % more snd prefer if they go for it.

Mines about 70% 4 weekly. 25% 8 weekly 5% 12 weekly.

With the 12 weekly I don't promote it at all as I think it's too long but if they insist ok well the price increases again

80% 8 weekly

20%. 4 weekly

I put all new customers onto 8 weeks and will only provide a 4 week clean if they insist.

8 week cleans offer several advantages

Twice as many customers

Opportunity to charge more

Less impact on turnover when you lose a customer

Less refusals, being two months since you were last there

More customers means, more referrals, more walk ups, more places your van can be seen.

Brrrrr

1% monthly

94% bi monthly

5% quarterly

Roughly.

A few other odds and sods too.

I found it easier to sell a clean bi monthly, doing mostly larger £25 houses. But that's just me. Everybody has a different environment with customers use to different tings. And different expectations!

I'm about 50/50 monthly and 2 monthly

A handfull of 3 monthly who pay well for it

95% 4 weekly

4% 8 weekly

1% 12 weekly (most commercial)

I Iive in the city and the difference between the 4 & 8 weekly clean with regards to how dirty they are is incredible.

I've no objection to doing 8 weekly as I charge a 50% increase in pricing.

Sent from my CUBOT DINOSAUR using Tapatalk

95% 4 weekly4% 8 weekly

1% 12 weekly (most commercial)

I Iive in the city and the difference between the 4 & 8 weekly clean with regards to how dirty they are is incredible.

I've no objection to doing 8 weekly as I charge a 50% increase in pricing.

Definitely mate, its like doibg a first xlean again after 8 weeks.

Definitely mate, its like doibg a first xlean again after 8 weeks.
Definitely true.

I'm 2 weeks behind so it's all 6 weeks (until the first cycle is complete) and I'm struggling with the extra dirt

dont offer 4 weekly or that ts either monthly bi monthly or every 3

if offering 4 weekly there will be couple times a year u do there house 2 times one momnt

if offering 4 weekly there will be couple times a year u do there house 2 times one month
That happened to me the other month.

Cleaned on the 1st of the month & then again on the 29th.

No client batted an eyelid as they know that throughout the year when I'm away on holiday, it's Bank holiday, Christmas etc, it will all right itself.

In the 26 years I've been cleaning only ever had it pointed out a couple of times & once it's explained they're cool with it.

Just my experience, other cleaners might have an issue with it - not me [emoji1]

dont offer 4 weekly or that ts either monthly bi monthly or every 3

if offering 4 weekly there will be couple times a year u do there house 2 times one momnt

That happened to me the other month.Cleaned on the 1st of the month & then again on the 29th.

No client batted an eyelid as they know that throughout the year when I'm away on holiday, it's Bank holiday, Christmas etc, it will all right itself.

In the 26 years I've been cleaning only ever had it pointed out a couple of times & once it's explained they're cool with it.

Just my experience, other cleaners might have an issue with it - not me [emoji1]

so u dont do 13 cleans per year ?? u are making things hard on yourself sticking to 4 wekly when in reality ur monthly

I chose monthly or 2 monthly but if the customer is happy with 4 weekly then nowt wrong with that

I chose monthly or 2 monthly but if the customer is happy with 4 weekly then nowt wrong with that
That's right Dave,

I'm happy cleaning on a 4 week rota & the customers are happy to pay for a 4 week clean so it's all good.

Whatever works best for us, the cleaners is the important thing[emoji106]

With all new clients I am offering the 8 weekly as an alternative, be nice to increase my hourly rate[emoji1]

I do 4 weekly but instead of doing 13 cleans a year I see it as 12 cleans a year and I get 4 weeks holiday.

I find this great as in my head I can say every 4 weeks my round is worth (totally made up figure ) £3000 say. Now at 13 weeks a year that would be 39k. But i know it's 36k and 4 weeks holiday whenever I want.

Not only that but if I went monthly then having a weeks holiday or at christmas would mean I would have to either ram the work into the month before or after or skip the clean that month.

With 4 weekly if I have a week off o simply shift the entire round down a week and carry on.

All my customers are told it's every 4 weeks and occasionally it might be 5 weeks due to hols/weather delays etc and it works great I can't remember the last time I was questioned about it.

For the few domestics I do I guess 80/90% r 4weekly. The rest r 8 weekly. No extra charge for the 8 weeklys tho. I do a lot of weekly shops tho. And quite a few 4 or 8 weekly offices.

I do 4 weekly but instead of doing 13 cleans a year I see it as 12 cleans a year and I get 4 weeks holiday.
You summed that up well, AdamAngler.

That's the way I look at it.

I never actually do the 13 cleans, as you say it means 4 weeks off, couple of weeks for holidays, week off at Xmas and a spare week in case a bit of illness or awful weather.

Latest Posts

Back