Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

cost of your van and system

chris clean

Hey guys i am going to be upgrading from my combo van with barrels and backpack to a bigger van probably a vivaro or similar with a system. I had another thread earlier in week for advice on system and thanks for all the help and info I've been sent!!

I have test driven some really nice low mileage vans and found a system I think I'm really happy with. Now I know every van/ system has pros and cons but the total cost of my new van and system including fitting the works will come in just shy of £10k. Working out what I earn now and how its growing every week that's a cost I'm personally happy with. Just out of curiosity really and Im not prying into anyone's business account a bit would love to know a rough figure people have spent in total on there set up to get an idea. Cheers

I bought a 2yr old Vivaro and fitted it out with a factory installed 650l RO hot water system with booster pump etc etc, so paid quite a bit more. It was also done with absolutely no window cleaning business experience and absolutely no customers. Just fortunate I had the money to finance a new business and not have to get work at any cost. Cost of equipment is all relative to your own financial circumstances, all I would advise is always leave enough in the kitty to be able to survive for 6 months if something goes wrong.

I bought a 2yr old Vivaro and fitted it out with a factory installed 650l RO hot water system with booster pump etc etc, so paid quite a bit more. It was also done with absolutely no window cleaning business experience and absolutely no customers. Just fortunate I had the money to finance a new business and not have to get work at any cost. Cost of equipment is all relative to your own financial circumstances, all I would advise is always leave enough in the kitty to be able to survive for 6 months if something goes wrong.
Cheers for the replies guys, @Green Pro Clean Ltd my wife won't be told that info by me either

Yeah cheers partimer. I started off with what u could afford when I first started and only went he backpack option in case it fell flat but a year or serious graft has built a nice well paying round and the advertising plus word of moth/ walk ups is meaning its growing weekly so I now have total faith in spending serious cash on going bigger. The other big thing for me is i had always wanted to be self employed but you have know till you try it. I love it and love the lifestyle. It's definately a case now of speculate to accumulate.

i paid for my van over 5 yrs, became mine in november, and although the end price was hellish its been well worth it, i had poles and backpack from 5 yr in a car so only bought a tank, hose reel and pump box so about £600

DIY with hotwater , around 1600 pounds total . Would go DIY any Day , you get to costumize and get all the nitty nerdy bits you want . Like having a system thats MY system./emoticons/wink.png The great thing is the knowledge of knowing exactly where and how to repair anything ( almost) on the spot , having a variety of spares onboard always. Beacause you built it , you know what to Carry! :thumbsup:

Hiya all this my first time setting up this buisness I've just bought a 08 transit hitop van and I've just got priced £2000 for a 2 man setup to be fitted into it is this a reasonable price please ?

Hiya all this my first time setting up this buisness I've just bought a 08 transit hitop van and I've just got priced £2000 for a 2 man setup to be fitted into it is this a reasonable price please ?
If you want some to answer you have to give a little more detail about the size tank and exactly what van you have.

You need a decent size tank for 2 people and it needs a good frame to hold it in position.

I can't see you getting much for £2000.

It's all new equipment  and a 650l tank with steel frame fitted and bolted in all brand new all supplied and fitted £2000 for 2 man setup

Hey guys i am going to be upgrading from my combo van with barrels and backpack to a bigger van probably a vivaro or similar with a system. I had another thread earlier in week for advice on system and thanks for all the help and info I've been sent!!

I have test driven some really nice low mileage vans and found a system I think I'm really happy with. Now I know every van/ system has pros and cons but the total cost of my new van and system including fitting the works will come in just shy of £10k. Working out what I earn now and how its growing every week that's a cost I'm personally happy with. Just out of curiosity really and Im not prying into anyone's business account a bit would love to know a rough figure people have spent in total on there set up to get an idea. Cheers
£30k including all poles,hot water system,etc......

It's all new equipment  and a 650l tank with steel frame fitted and bolted in all brand new all supplied and fitted £2000 for 2 man setup
That sounds very cheap. A link would help. What Transit van? 650 l with 2 operators and equipment and fuel is very heavy. If you are talking a Transit Connect T220 or even T230 that tank is too big. A Transit T280 Hi Roof is bordering on the limit with a 650 liter tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speedlinered?

Installation certificate?

Security tagged?

Warranty?

Poles, Reels, filters & resin included?

DI or R/O setup?

Booster pump arrangement for your water pressure?

Fast fill capacity for onsite filling?

Pump dispenser to fast fill backpacks & trolleys?

Security bulkhead fitted or needed installed?

Racking?

Inline TDS monitoring included?

HF5 or HF4 high capacity membranes?

I'll stop there...thats just of the top of my head.

2k inc vat, because any decent & reputable water fed pole manufacturer is VAT registered sounds more like it was stolen & shoved on EBAY.

If that where you seen it then you are asking for trouble.

I hope it isn't one of those flimsy frames that bolts together with 8mm bolts.
How does one know? I'm currently shopping for a bigger system and I really don't know what to do. Grippa are crash tested, along with Pure Freedom. WCW and Waterworks don't crash test but there systems are by far the smartest looking and there powered reels look amazing, but I'm worried they not as safe. 

How does one know? I'm currently shopping for a bigger system and I really don't know what to do. Grippa are crash tested, along with Pure Freedom. WCW and Waterworks don't crash test but there systems are by far the smartest looking and there powered reels look amazing, but I'm worried they not as safe. 
Well we draw up specifications prior to each order - what was particularly interesting is we sent it every qualified manufacturer we could source with the exact conditions we expected it manufactured to. And crash testing was a non-negotiable priority - we are an employer & I am not doing a stretch so some startups can save a few bob. If you PM me I might be able to help if you are feeling lost.

Well we draw up specifications prior to each order - what was particularly interesting is we sent it every qualified manufacturer we could source with the exact conditions we expected it manufactured to. And crash testing was a non-negotiable priority - we are an employer & I am not doing a stretch so some startups can save a few bob. If you PM me I might be able to help if you are feeling lost.
Thanks man, that's very kind, I will do.

Speedlinered?

Installation certificate?

Security tagged?

Warranty?

Poles, Reels, filters & resin included?

DI or R/O setup?

Booster pump arrangement for your water pressure?

Fast fill capacity for onsite filling?

Pump dispenser to fast fill backpacks & trolleys?

Security bulkhead fitted or needed installed?

Racking?

Inline TDS monitoring included?

HF5 or HF4 high capacity membranes?

I'll stop there...thats just of the top of my head.

2k inc vat, because any decent & reputable water fed pole manufacturer is VAT registered sounds more like it was stolen & shoved on EBAY.

If that where you seen it then you are asking for trouble.
My Speedliner alone cost £600!

So who are you?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock