Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Reach it Q n A youtube videos

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I actually just came across their channel last night! ( i need to get out more)

Has anyone tried the reach it brush? radial lite i think its called with the spray-bar built into the brush, looks interesting

I actually just came across their channel last night! ( i need to get out more)

Has anyone tried the reach it brush? radial lite i think its called with the spray-bar built into the brush, looks interesting
I think Ashley Mackintosh did a vid on it and I don't think I have seen it used in his subsequent vids ?

I think when they use the 'lite' term they just mean lighter than their other house brick brushes and have you seen the price?

One thing to note is most US window cleaners use mains water (sometimes with booster) straight through the RO and to the brush so they have unlimited water and decent flow, so that's what the brushes are designed to work with.

General consensus seems to be you need high flow to get best out of them even to the extent of 8mm reel hose and 8mm pole hose! I bet it weights a ton with that setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Ashley Mackintosh did a vid on it and I don't think I have seen it used in his subsequent vids ?

I think when they use the 'lite' term they just mean lighter than their other house brick brushes and have you seen the price?

One thing to note is most US window cleaners use mains water (sometimes with booster) straight through the RO and to the brush so they have unlimited water and decent flow, so that's what the brushes are designed to work with.

General consensus seems to be you need high flow to get best out of them even to the extent of 8mm reel hose and 8mm pole hose! I bet it weights a ton with that setup.
Ahh yes, I did watch a video where they were talking about 8mm hose and high LPM. I thought i'd see if it was this miracle brush!

I kind of get the keeping the brush on the window to make it less Hydrophobic and more Hydrophilic where the water sheets off better

I've been rinsing on the glass from day one, for the very reason you pointed out in your last paragraph. That and the fact that rinsing on acts as a rinse and final bonus agitation combined. It also makes the best use of water as far as I'm concerned as it's all contained, focused and controlled exactly where I want it within the work. No going back up trying to hose down. First class job done in seconds. Walk away.

Other folk see and do things differently. Good for them.

I've been rinsing on the glass from day one, for the very reason you pointed out in your last paragraph. That and the fact that rinsing on acts as a rinse and final bonus agitation combined. It also makes the best use of water as far as I'm concerned as it's all contained, focused and controlled exactly where I want it within the work. No going back up trying to hose down. First class job done in seconds. Walk away.

Other folk see and do things differently. Good for them.
I will experiment on my own windows with that technique.

What brush and jets do you use? 

I will experiment on my own windows with that technique.

What brush and jets do you use? 
I started with a Vikan brush as at the time I knew no better than to take the advice of the supplier to me a beginner. It had brass pencil jets. I very quickly came to the conclusion that pencils made no sense to me. Like two streams of p..s  squirting out of a rectangular brush. All right as far as I was concerned if I was trying to put out a campfire six feet away which I wasn't. Almost like there was a component or two missing. Two fan jets to give a full brush width of water perhaps?? I wanted the full width of the brush getting the same amount of water right on the work rather than having to hose across and down rinsing off the glass so I quickly changed to fans. These suited me much better but oh, the weight of the Vikan brush!! I then moved on to the Gardiner Medium Mixed Sill Brush paired with 50 degree fans. This was much better for me and much lighter but I believe it has been discontinued. I then moved on to the Gardiner Extreme Sill Brush with 100 degree fans and a short swivel. This was a joy to use. Fast as lightning with the glide but it didn't meet my requirements when it came to removing spider nests. I currently use a Gardiner Supreme Dupont Tapertec Brush with 100 degree fans paired with the shortest swivel. Not quite as crisp as the Extreme Sill in the swivel action because there's more give in the bristles but much better for removing spider nests. I only use non-flocked brushes as they suit my technique of rinsing on the glass and are much less likely to trap and prevent dirt from rinsing down when rinsing on as I do.

Brushes and even more so jets are a very divisive subject as you will soon see. ?

Give whatever you try a proper and thorough trial. For instance, I had tried the swivel for a few minutes and threw it on the shelf in disappointment and frustration. I gave it another try some time later at home. I stood in one central position in front of my house and washed two upstairs windows and a downstairs from the one position, forcing me to get used to lightly twisting the pole to swivel rather than trying to force the issues by pressing the brush against the work. I use the swivel everyday now and find it to be a revelation.

On 18/11/2021 at 18:19, windowsurfer said:

Anyone had a look at Reach It youtube videos, watched a couple, pretty good what I've seen. 

Perry is a proper bell end lol.

Why do some people make things so hard when they don't need to be.

I started with a Vikan brush as at the time I knew no better than to take the advice of the supplier to me a beginner. It had brass pencil jets. I very quickly came to the conclusion that pencils made no sense to me. Like two streams of p..s  squirting out of a rectangular brush. All right as far as I was concerned if I was trying to put out a campfire six feet away which I wasn't. Almost like there was a component or two missing. Two fan jets to give a full brush width of water perhaps?? I wanted the full width of the brush getting the same amount of water right on the work rather than having to hose across and down rinsing off the glass so I quickly changed to fans. These suited me much better but oh, the weight of the Vikan brush!! I then moved on to the Gardiner Medium Mixed Sill Brush paired with 50 degree fans. This was much better for me and much lighter but I believe it has been discontinued. I then moved on to the Gardiner Extreme Sill Brush with 100 degree fans and a short swivel. This was a joy to use. Fast as lightning with the glide but it didn't meet my requirements when it came to removing spider nests. I currently use a Gardiner Supreme Dupont Tapertec Brush with 100 degree fans paired with the shortest swivel. Not quite as crisp as the Extreme Sill in the swivel action because there's more give in the bristles but much better for removing spider nests. I only use non-flocked brushes as they suit my technique of rinsing on the glass and are much less likely to trap and prevent dirt from rinsing down when rinsing on as I do.

Brushes and even more so jets are a very divisive subject as you will soon see. ?

Give whatever you try a proper and thorough trial. For instance, I had tried the swivel for a few minutes and threw it on the shelf in disappointment and frustration. I gave it another try some time later at home. I stood in one central position in front of my house and washed two upstairs windows and a downstairs from the one position, forcing me to get used to lightly twisting the pole to swivel rather than trying to force the issues by pressing the brush against the work. I use the swivel everyday now and find it to be a revelation.
Vikan brushes are what i used when I changed to wfp.. heavy as anything lol.. i still use them for softwashing render etc as they never wear out and scrub chems into the surface well.

Was told that originally by Ben from Benz softwash and they are great for that.

Back