Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Strainers still froze today

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You should have had a heater in the van and gone to work all week then you wouldn't be losing more days not working,

I like the odd day off adhoc but I couldn't sit at home all week and lose a weeks wage just because it's been a bit cold

My outside hose froze up last night. Had to pour hotwater over it for a while to get it moving and fill my tank. I also had a heater in van because I don't want my membranes to freeze like the last time and had to buy new ones. May cost a fiver a night for heater in van but its worth it and still getting new calls for windows. Especially ones that sit on a main road because of grit lorries gritting the roads and the dirt manages to get on to windows. ?

My outside hose froze up last night. Had to pour hotwater over it for a while to get it moving and fill my tank. I also had a heater in van because I don't want my membranes to freeze like the last time and had to buy new ones. May cost a fiver a night for heater in van but its worth it and still getting new calls for windows. Especially ones that sit on a main road because of grit lorries gritting the roads and the dirt manages to get on to windows. ?
Doesn't your hot water system allow you to have any extra heat to blow round the van? I thought the GrippaTank Hydroheat systems had an additional heater, plus the frost stat system?
Failing that could you wrap some hose round your RO and the filters and connect to your reel hose and then back to tank and use the frost system to circulate warm water through your hose reel, round the filters and RO and back to your tank?

Mine just fires up the boiler and circulates hot water through the pumps and reels and back into the tank , but do think there are more options theses days as well .the water doesn’t go through the filters , or it doesn’t on mine . My ro’s are mounted on top of the tank so the heat goes up to them and stops freezing

age related.
Might be age-related sometimes things happen later in life, mine started around 20 years ago after my fall which caused nerve damage my circulation has never been the same since I've had much worse days and nights at one point I was prescribed Amitriptyline nasty horrible tablets but they stopped the excruciating pain through the night well for 2-3 nights when I realised I wasn't fit to drive because of the side effects.

Might be age-related sometimes things happen later in life, mine started around 20 years ago after my fall which caused nerve damage my circulation has never been the same since I've had much worse days and nights at one point I was prescribed Amitriptyline nasty horrible tablets but they stopped the excruciating pain through the night well for 2-3 nights when I realised I wasn't fit to drive because of the side effects.
I'm sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how difficult it is having to injure pain like this over a long period of time is.

I'm sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how difficult it is having to injure pain like this over a long period of time is.
Thanks, Spruce, the worst pain was maybe a year after my accident so my first winter was back when I was trad holding onto and carrying a ladder, it was horrible it was like the pain was in my bones shooting up my arms it was always about 2am no idea why, I'd wake up screaming in pain

Then across the years even after going wfp if I had to start before 8am my fingers would go stone cold and start to ache I tried painkillers but they weren't strong enough, I don't suffer so much these days most likely because most days I don't start till about 9am, if I start to feel my fingers going numb on a cold morning then I'll stop for a minute and make a fist and rapidly clench and unclench and wriggle my fingers this gets the circulation going again I assume and the numbness and cold fingers does disappear and sometimes taking my gloves off for a few minutes then putting them back on can also help

Back