Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Upto 50 customers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Not made any updates for a while, havnt actually got anything to update apart from one thing and its work related but not work related.

17/18 months ago i was working minimum wage and barely surviving, had savings but they were for emergencies.

Last week while sitting at home not working because of rain and feeling sorry for myself, the wife said "Jon youve worked really hard this last year, youve ploughed nearly everything back into the business, why dont you treat yourself". Something ive never really done, the kids and wife get lots of treats and goodies, so last week i did it i treated myself and its all possible because of the advice you guys have fed me and helped me grow excessively quickly.

There she is my new toy ❤

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

View attachment 21744
Please stay safe 

A friend of mine sold his after he seen someone end there life on one

Am very very safe currently as dont have a bloody bike license ???????

Completed my CBT today, got theory Thursday then hopefuly full access tests within cpl of weeks. ??
I'm thinking of doing my CBT soon, then ride around in a 125cc while I get more experience to do the practical test...Theory is not a problem.

However, jumping straight onto a Ninja after passing your test? Unless you're an experienced rider, not sure if it's a good idea...It's like buying a Bugatti Veyron as your first car.

I'm thinking of doing my CBT soon, then ride around in a 125cc while I get more experience to do the practical test...Theory is not a problem.

However, jumping straight onto a Ninja after passing your test? Unless you're an experienced rider, not sure if it's a good idea...It's like buying a Bugatti Veyron as your first car.
Seems like the best option doesn't it and that was exactly what I did, Honda CBR 125 (one of the faster 125's). However I would actually say this was a big mistake, the bike had very little power, sure you could use if efficiently and pick up a bit of speed but if you were in 4th cruising along and all of a sudden needed a bit of acceleration to avoid something there would be no chance. I think a 300/400 would be best for a first bike but just be careful until you're used to it.

I also think the whole CBT for one day = being able to get on the road on a 125 should be scrapped, they're still heavy dangerous machines and I can tell you, I could barely ride a bike by the end of that day.

@HWCS love the bike mate and well done to you, I keep eyeing up the KTM RC 390, love the look of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Its only a baby ninja 250r, 

Had a lovely job to quote today, in their words "we are not to fussed about the frames and sills as they will be sanded and painted in spring"

Thought id go in at £170 as its a bimonthly and they snapped my hand off ??? wish if have gone in at £200 ????

That means my 1 working saturday bi-monthly is now worth £370 for 6hrs work.

I'll be a £100k a year one man band before you know it  ?????

20200917_182921.jpg

Had a lovely job to quote today, in their words "we are not to fussed about the frames and sills as they will be sanded and painted in spring"

Thought id go in at £170 as its a bimonthly and they snapped my hand off ??? wish if have gone in at £200 ????

View attachment 21854
Must have one heck of a lot of windows at rear of premises for £170 quotation!

Not made any updates for a while, havnt actually got anything to update apart from one thing and its work related but not work related.

17/18 months ago i was working minimum wage and barely surviving, had savings but they were for emergencies.

Last week while sitting at home not working because of rain and feeling sorry for myself, the wife said "Jon youve worked really hard this last year, youve ploughed nearly everything back into the business, why dont you treat yourself". Something ive never really done, the kids and wife get lots of treats and goodies, so last week i did it i treated myself and its all possible because of the advice you guys have fed me and helped me grow excessively quickly.

There she is my new toy ❤

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

View attachment 21744
Crazy thing is, I passed my bike test back in the late 80s and am legally allowed to jump on a 1500cc death machine, whilst I'd only ever rode a suzuki ER 100 and vespas. I only passed it to ride a 200cc vespa ? ?. I believe its safer now, with staged allowances but not sure.

View attachment 21854
I got one thats about 25 separate windows, each comprising about 30 georgian panes. And the pita is, I have to trad it as they didnt like the previous wfp guys work. I would've turned it down if I'd been full of work. charged 80 for about 2 1/2 hours so nothing special but I actually like the job, the nice surroundings etc. 

Bit of an update.

Had 4 customers this week give it the "i think we will give the window cleaning a miss till spring"

All 4 were told thats fine but i cant gaurantee ill be able to add you back in spring as 90% of my round is full and i have a waiting list for somw of the days.

All except 1 said ok dont want to lose my spot so can you carry on as normal.

Fingers crossed for a good warm winter

Just had my best week ever takings/hourly.

Only lowlight was a new customer yesterday a tv n film producer, i did her £120 clean and spilt dirty watter on her newly sanded dining room table which is worth over £1500 and its stained it so needs resanding ??? luckily her hubbys a chippy so will do the Job, ive told her to keep £20 back from the payment and have a nice bottle of red on me by way of an appology.

Shes happy with that and so am i.

Done my nice new big house today, pics below

20201010_131001.jpg

Screenshot_20201010-142832_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20201010-142920_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20201010-143003_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20201010-143026_Messenger.jpg

Good job. That’s a minger of a first clean.  I bet them geo bars took some flushing. 
The outsides were a doddle to be honest, the sills look minging af but it rained while we were doing the outside which helped.

Worst bit was the insides as theyd not been done for a cpl years.

Me and my Saturday boy arrived on site at 10.15 and we drew out the drive bang on 1pm.

2hrs 45mins for £170.00

Weve got outside 8weekly @ £70 and inside every 3rd clean for £100

They couldnt believe the outside is £70.00, they have a small place in mayfair that has 4 windows and a door at front and 2 windows and a door at back with 2 small windows on side and they pay £70.00 a month for that to be cleaned 

Seems like an age since ive made an update in this thread, tbf ive not really had anything much to say works been going really well, 450ish customer, lost a few ditched a few and gained alot.

Only real update ive got is after last years £30.00 shop for local foodbank donation on behalf of my business and customers for xmas instead of cards for the customers, this year i doubled the donation to £60 and some customers also asked if id add a few quid and they'd donate.

So this years donation to the food bank came in at £90.55p

Screenshot_20201215-182528_Facebook.jpg

Bit of an update.

Had 4 customers this week give it the "i think we will give the window cleaning a miss till spring"

All 4 were told thats fine but i cant gaurantee ill be able to add you back in spring as 90% of my round is full and i have a waiting list for somw of the days.

All except 1 said ok dont want to lose my spot so can you carry on as normal.

Fingers crossed for a good warm winter

Just had my best week ever takings/hourly.

Only lowlight was a new customer yesterday a tv n film producer, i did her £120 clean and spilt dirty watter on her newly sanded dining room table which is worth over £1500 and its stained it so needs resanding ??? luckily her hubbys a chippy so will do the Job, ive told her to keep £20 back from the payment and have a nice bottle of red on me by way of an appology.

Shes happy with that and so am i.

Done my nice new big house today, pics below

View attachment 22009

View attachment 22010

View attachment 22011

View attachment 22012

View attachment 22013
If you got to do it trad, I would suggest to cut channels to fit the panes of glass most should be close to the same size, being able to pull the water with one stroke makes the job faster.

Latest Posts

Back