Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Very poor standard of work ??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Not sure about the standard of work, but more the standard of the workers:

Had a lady text me today saying I had been recommended to her as she got rid of her last window cleaner, the reason?
Firstly poor work, but for the most part because they came home whilst they were working to find one of the lads emptying his bladder up the side of their conservatory!! Got a feeling he may have got confused with the use of an RO in a pure water cleaning?

IT's true.

Some commercial prices are going backwards.Every ones fighting for it . you also get some people that just don't know how to price it properly driving prices down.
People come into the industry now with ready kitted out vans they bought, so have the equipment to do commercials from day one. Course they do not have the experience/knowledge or pricing structures that comes from experience. Similar to what has always happened with the residential side of window cleaning.

Commercial is heading downwards and residential is heading upwards because folk are working from home and they can even get their company to pay for it. Leisure Industry is finished for next few years and need to cut costs so window cleaning will be first to go. I did a first clean today for a tenner and woman over the moon with it. First one in that area so maybe pick up some others on the street. 
You will soon be getting competition up there with newly unemployed looking for work oppurtunities.

This, absolute idiots don't realise the long term impact of this, killing prices for themselves & the whole industry.
They are not thinking about the industry, just making a wage and paying off their vans. They do not have the luxury of building a good business gradually over time and will quote £100 to a business when the perhaps the true worth of the clean to an established Window cleaner is £200. So established guy loses the contract and the newbie does a underpriced job and ends up eventually working just to survive...and in doing so bringing pricing down as he does so....and there is not just one out there.

You will soon be getting competition up there with newly unemployed looking for work oppurtunities.
Aye but I have the hot water system in place now and will be advertising it on side of my van. Most of my customers know me and I talk to them if I can plus I do other things like fix their gutters, roofs, doors and cut trees or build fences. One customer dropped me (£5 a month) then asked me to fix his front door handle. Sorry to busy I said so he got a company out and the bill around £150. His partner died and he has now came back on board but it was awkward when he approached me but I do all the rest in the area. I have one rule that I stick too, if a customer drops me then I don't do any work for them or have any small talk with them. It works for me and I don't lose many customers because I build up trust and a working relationship. ? 

We have a lot of window cleaners up here already. But we also have a lot of new builds. It is a concern but I'm not too worried, as the round is full and I avoid canvasing new builds as every window cleaner and his dog wants in there. Time will tell I suppose. But folk will give up and go elsewhere, and folk do retire. 

We have a lot of window cleaners up here already. But we also have a lot of new builds. It is a concern but I'm not too worried, as the round is full and I avoid canvasing new builds as every window cleaner and his dog wants in there. Time will tell I suppose. But folk will give up and go elsewhere, and folk do retire. 
There is still a lot of windies using ladders! Hard to believe and I'm not just talking about sole traders. One of the guy in the fire brigade had a company and one of the lads toppled the ladder over a new golf in the driveway. Insurance paid out but you would have thought he would have moved over to wfp but no they are still using ladders.

Aye but I have the hot water system in place now and will be advertising it on side of my van. Most of my customers know me and I talk to them if I can plus I do other things like fix their gutters, roofs, doors and cut trees or build fences. One customer dropped me (£5 a month) then asked me to fix his front door handle. Sorry to busy I said so he got a company out and the bill around £150. His partner died and he has now came back on board but it was awkward when he approached me but I do all the rest in the area. I have one rule that I stick too, if a customer drops me then I don't do any work for them or have any small talk with them. It works for me and I don't lose many customers because I build up trust and a working relationship. ? 
But will not say "hello" to a former customer.

I seem to recall scottish saying he was the only one in Paisley, or the only one in Paisley on check a trade. forget which.

Back