Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What pressure washer?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I think the best thing to do with a diesel is mount it to the floor of the van and ideally have an exhaust made to keep the smell out..

That's what I have been thinking with my new PW. It doesn't need to come out the van if the doors are open. Probably a security issue unless there is nothing to steal bar the PW and I'm sure one would notice once it stopped!

I contacted them before I bought mine from Rutland pumps , very unhelpful said if there was any problems it’s up to me to return it to them and pay all costs evolved that was the end of my dealings with them Ben at Rutland pumps totaly different approach couldn’t do enough to help never had a problem but when ordering g bits and bobs from him always delivers within 24 hours very helpful could not recomend him enough 

Yes, I second this but I think they are busy with the way the weather has been. Hoping to get my new washer next week and will let you all know how I get on.

That's what I have been thinking with my new PW. It doesn't need to come out the van if the doors are open. Probably a security issue unless there is nothing to steal bar the PW and I'm sure one would notice once it stopped!

Yes, I second this but I think they are busy with the way the weather has been. Hoping to get my new washer next week and will let you all know how I get on.
i think it would make a more efficient set up, you could plump in the water tank and have an over flow set up or auto stop and have a dump valve set up. The hose reels could be in there as well, so when you arrive on a job your ready to go, especially if you have the water tank half full all the time

I'm getting my 16hp Vanguard 250 bar at 21 lpm and its an electric start. 40m of hose, Vairio and Turbo nozzles and a Bin kit for the water bin. Less than £3200 and that includes delivery.

I take delivery next week so will let you know how I get on, picture below.

IMG_6043 (002).jpg

Thats a lot of dosh to be splashing out on your first decent machine. I hope you have the work for it. I have found this year harder for work as there seems to be loads more blokes door knocking for work. ?

Thats a lot of dosh to be splashing out on your first decent machine. I hope you have the work for it. I have found this year harder for work as there seems to be loads more blokes door knocking for work. ?

Plenty of work up here, I'm just scared someone pinches it. I will need to get it insured. Got about a grand worth of work when I get it but I know I will get more when using it. I reckon it will pay for itself in 3 months. You can always sell these things on if it fails to work out.

Honda gx 390 21 litre a min. Also good to use a fsc with down the line if you choose and gets lots of water down for rinsing off

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Plenty of work up here, I'm just scared someone pinches it. I will need to get it insured. Got about a grand worth of work when I get it but I know I will get more when using it. I reckon it will pay for itself in 3 months. You can always sell these things on if it fails to work out.
The gx390 would be more than ample to be honest on par with this and like less than half the price

Honda gx 390 21 litre a min. Also good to use a fsc with down the line if you choose and gets lots of water down for rinsing off

The gx390 would be more than ample to be honest on par with this and like less than half the price

PW is £2400 and fsc is £400 as I went for the wheeled one. 40m of hose and 2 lances and bits and pieces. Delivery is probably a ton. I'm very happy with the price and its an electric start so I'll let you know how I get on with it. I think I will fly through the work I have lined up for it. Got 5 driveways to do for friends and family.

Everyone says look at jet mac or Rutland but the best place to look is dual pumps they have probably the best range of pressure washers. Google them. 

How heavy is it? Do you have ramps to get it in and out of van? 

Everyone says look at jet mac or Rutland but the best place to look is dual pumps they have probably the best range of pressure washers. Google them. 

How heavy is it? Do you have ramps to get it in and out of van? 

I think its 80kg and have a couple of scaffold battens. I am hoping to keep it in my van all the time. Leave door open when in use and just use the 40m hoseline, to much hassle wheeling it in and out.

Its probably near 100kg, now I have looked on dual pumps website, not much different from Rutland pumps website. Today I was making up 610mm by 1220mm by 18mm sandwich boards that I will put at each side of driveway I am cleaning. It will read "Free quotes for Powerwashing, Driveways & Patios, just ask" My sign writer is making 4 signs that I fix onto the sandwich boards. Was watching YouTube there and seen a guy use a 'double headed turbo nozzle' which makes short work of monoblock driveways. The only downside is the mess it makes compared to the fsc.

It'll need it's own pillow

As an old boss in my building site said "Trust no one" if its not nailed down, it will vanish in the night!

I think its 80kg and have a couple of scaffold battens. I am hoping to keep it in my van all the time. Leave door open when in use and just use the 40m hoseline, to much hassle wheeling it in and out.
I couldn't do that to easy to be robbed. Especially if your 40m away in a back yard. They could just cut the hose and throw on a van. I always set up at a point where its either in a backyard with no rear access or in the middle of the job in sight. 

Best to bolt it to the floor of your van. 

Back