Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working for peanuts

WCF

Help Support WCF:

not many of the old trad boys left where i work but there are the odd one or two ive known for years......one guy dumped a job at £25 a few years ago(large house)and i went round and priced up and im £40 dearer than him!i told him too!?£65 for just over an hours work 2 monthly,also lots of other jobs ive picked up over the years where im charging over £20 MORE than their ridiculously low prices (all of them large houses)happy days......

i was one of the first guys to use wfp in my area(over 9 years ago now)and ive picked up so much better priced work in the last 9 years without even trying off these guys.....

of course ive lost the odd job here and there to cheaper cleaners but its not very often(once or twice a year)....

virtually all the window cleaners i know that work the same areas as me have switched to wfp now.....my compact estate work is still fairly cheap though but im still earning £40+ an hour on this work so im fairly happy......

i think my work is fairly priced.....i try and follow the middle ground....not too cheap and not too expensive.....i dont always get it right though even after 26 years of window cleaning and sometimes i charge too much in the customers eyes and lose the job after the first clean......my usual response is "its not my ambition to be the cheapest window cleaner in the area".....been there,done that (many years ago)...its not a nice place to be at all.....

Latest Posts

Back