Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

World Cup fever

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Argentina
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
emoji23.png

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Messi’s heat map from last nights game.

(apologies moderators ?)

E9D2B9C6-0ED6-45D6-B3EA-5DC41C100D46.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m expecting a dull-ish 2-0 win for England today. Kane & lingard to score. 

I’d like to see Rose on the left instead of young this game. If Rose needs the minutes then play him against Panama 

The Germany group is interesting. If Sweden & Germany both win their last games 1-0, then 3 teams will finish on 6 points And +1 goal difference 

The way they’re both playing atm, I think England could beat Germany 

Yeah and then it goes down to whoever is on top of the fair play table... I think it should be decided by how many world wars you have lost, -1point for each one ?
Lol

If it does go to fair play Germany will go out as they have a red card against them, and several yellows 

Another example of how fast time goes:

This was 2 years ago today: 

Credit to him Southgate has done a good job in changing the team & restoring a little bit of pride 

1 minute ago, RWCleaning said:

Another example of how fast time goes:

This was 2 years ago today: 

Just hold on for a while, we have managed to beat the mighty Tunisia, just, and Panama. A team that even Rio Ferdinand said would be a Conference side. If we beat Belgium then fair enough, but everyone seems to be getting a little excited based on the above 2 results.

Yeh I know. I would still happily happily take quarter final whoever we play. But look at the team now compared to that Hodgson team. England hardly scored more then 1 goal a game under Hodgson in tournaments, and never kept a clean sheet. And it was all dull boring football, defenders Just hoofing it out and Rooney always playing despite usually being in poor form.

But Just confidence wise & style of play England look so much better already (despite as you say just beating Tunisia & bearing Panama) but under Hodgson & Capello England would of drew with Tunisia & played awful and would of been boring and probably beat Panama 2-0.

And for the first time in my life (I’m only 28) the England players look like they actually enjoy it & are trying. That so called ‘golden generation’ from 2002-2010 was so disappointing, never turned it on for England despite doing it most week for their clubs. 

Just watched the Germany v Korea game in a bar that was roughly 50/50 Germans and English. When the game ended and the Germans started to leave, we all burst into a chorus of ‘your going home, your going, Germans going home’ ? 

Extremely childish I know, also extremely satisfying after the hurt they’ve given to us through the years ?

Spain going out in the group stage in 2014 after winning the World Cup in 2010, Germany going in the group after winning it 4 years ago, so looks like England are gonna have to prepare for a embarrassing group stage exit in 2022 Qatar..... 

I thought England had already won the World Cup  way the media are going on ,

Croatia will be there first test I wish that pierce Morgan would shut up

we're clearly not a World Cup winning side, but I can see us going far with a bit of luck, and refs not fooling for cheating. That's part of the luck we need!

Anyway, heartache is a certainty at some point soon. I'm ready for it - and I think the boys have done really well to get as far as they get now. The Final, hopefully. 

I'll eat my squeegee if we win it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh I thought we were poor. Ali & Lingard still too inconsistent. Apart from Kane, Rashford & Vardy etc never seem to get a sniff of a chance. 

If if we play like that against Croatia then can’t see it happening but oh well, semi final still amazing for this team. 

Yeh I thought we were poor. Ali & Lingard still too inconsistent. Apart from Kane, Rashford & Vardy etc never seem to get a sniff of a chance. 

If if we play like that against Croatia then can’t see it happening but oh well, semi final still amazing for this team. 
Well said. Youngest team in the tournament, we can be proud ?

Back