Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tench0771

gutter vac carbon poles clamped

Paramount Cleaning Service

going to get a set of carbon poles myself as cleaned gutters today  and had to go over huge extension only got the aluminium poles that came with the vac and took ages as they flex to much and you've gotta be arnie to lift them where's  best to get a set

tench0771
8 hours ago, robert mitchell said:

Mate , could you upload the pics he sent on here so I can have a look ?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

i wish i could m8 but my app dont work on here any more and i cant drag pic and pop them on for some resin im geting realy tits off with it on here the forum keeps geting played around with and i just cant keep up with it as im not that good with computers @Moor may have beta luck than me at uploading a pic 

Moor
15 hours ago, tench0771 said:

i wish i could m8 but my app dont work on here any more and i cant drag pic and pop them on for some resin im geting realy tits off with it on here the forum keeps geting played around with and i just cant keep up with it as im not that good with computers @Moor may have beta luck than me at uploading a pic 

I’m away for a couple of days, I will take some pictures on Friday.

tench0771

@moor would be be kind enough to upload pic of the ends of the poles to as i think there metal collors ?

robert mitchell

I was gonna ask the same tench , I was hoping they were proper clamps like on the grippa and skyvac poles

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Moor

I will get sone pictures up on Friday. Don’t expect them to be the same quality as grippa because you will be disappointed, however they do cost a fair bit less. The clamps are essentially larger stainless steel version of a bike saddle quick release clamp.

Teaboy

That clamp will break the pole
I have grippa full carbon and the cleaning systems version

The grippa ones are amazing and I’ll be replacing the cleaning systems ones with more grippa once they will do me a deal on 60ft

Moor

Well having used them several times, I can confirm they don’t break the pole. Obviously they aren’t in the same league as the grippatank poles, but neither is the price.

Not everyone has the budget to go all out straight away on the best possible gear, this works well, as does the fork actually!

tench0771

is there a metal sleve that goes in side or is what you see in the pic complete ?

Teaboy
Well having used them several times, I can confirm they don’t break the pole. Obviously they aren’t in the same league as the grippatank poles, but neither is the price.
Not everyone has the budget to go all out straight away on the best possible gear, this works well, as does the fork actually!

Please don’t see that as a dig I was giving an opinion.
That clamp could easily crack
A pole and over tighten

Moor

There is a metal sleeve at the opposite end of the pole which slides into the joining piece so essentially that piece shown in the picture is supported inside by an aluminium sleeve from the pole it attaches to. The clamps are not fixed, they slide off when not needed or if nipped up slightly will stay at the end of each pole. It’s simple but it works.

Moor

Some more pictures to give a better idea

6AAA24D2-1B1B-48DF-8C7A-BFE3FF9C5F02.jpeg

60A39050-F08A-4E25-BFC5-DEB3D6D104F3.jpeg

66D698A7-9D94-4BB4-A155-52211503040A.jpeg

robert mitchell

I would still expect it to crush the carbon over time , surely it’s easier to just fit a wfp type clamp on it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tench0771

these look fine to me the good thing about poles with no plastic clamp or fixed  alli  is if u snap a section its a £20 fix for me as i have a friend who fixes carbon fishing pole sections :1f44d: they can be anaped or crushed and my m8 just brings them back to normal again he can also add extra carbon on areas if needed 

scottish cleaning service

Apparently carbon fibre dust when it's cut is more dangerous than asbestos! Heard that when I was working in the fire service. No many people know that.

Teaboy
Apparently carbon fibre dust when it's cut is more dangerous than asbestos! Heard that when I was working in the fire service. No many people know that.

I can vouch for it being bloody sharp

tench0771

i wander what the carbon dust does when it gets on your hands ? could it give u cancer or get in to your blood ,there is talk about peter fog working on a pole that has a speshel clamp that stops the sections from causing dust i no when i use my super max my hands are black ,i dont get this half as mucjh on my xline tho

GSS Window Cleaning

If you have the carbon fibre poles like mine from gardiner which just push into each other no clamps, an old fishing trick is to use brown parcel tape on the male end of the pole section but dont ever overlap the tape tho. this prevents the section wearing and stops it from coming lose and is easy to take apart. 

scottish cleaning service
40 minutes ago, tench0771 said:

i wander what the carbon dust does when it gets on your hands ? could it give u cancer or get in to your blood ,there is talk about peter fog working on a pole that has a speshel clamp that stops the sections from causing dust i no when i use my super max my hands are black ,i dont get this half as mucjh on my xline tho

Good point, I think if the dust gets in your lungs then long term damage will happen. I believe we should all wear trutouch gloves and fling them away at end of day.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.