Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×

44 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

Too right. Finished at 3, just taking a dump then over the pub to get a good spot. Cmon England!!

Should've waited till you got to the pub, you would've cleared it 😲

never understood the going to the pub to watch football thing. I mean you struggle to see screen, usually crowded stood up crammed in next to a load of sweaty blokes all shouting and screaming at the box.

Much rather sit on sofa in peace with a few tins and snacks. 

Nothing wrong with going to pub, just not to watch TV

We probably wont get another shot at like that... I. E. the teams we faced.. 

I'd prefer to see Croatia win it now.. Not an EU country. 

11 hours ago, adamangler said:

never understood the going to the pub to watch football thing. I mean you struggle to see screen, usually crowded stood up crammed in next to a load of sweaty blokes all shouting and screaming at the box.

Much rather sit on sofa in peace with a few tins and snacks. 

Nothing wrong with going to pub, just not to watch TV

Atmosphere mate. Our landlady has had 3 big screens put up so viewing is easy. 

Although gutted were out, watching them games over the pub with loads of mates singing, drinking and having a laugh has been an absolute blast

Posted (edited)

We did well to get that far, had a lucky draw and lost twice to better sides in Belgium and Croatia.

I know a lot were saying after the game we will get better and do well at the next big tournament. However we won't, the squad just isn't good enough and unless some world class players come through the youth setup, the next Gerrard, scholes, Owens etc then we won't be winning anything for decades. Getting to a semi flattered us. Just the reality, too many bang average players with maybe 2-3 who can claim to be top level on a very good day..France would have beat us comfortably anyway.

Edited by adamangler

1 hour ago, adamangler said:

We did well to get that far, had a lucky draw and lost twice to better sides in Belgium and Croatia.

I know a lot were saying after the game we will get better and do well at the next big tournament. However we won't, the squad just isn't good enough and unless some world class players come through the youth setup, the next Gerrard, scholes, Owens etc then we won't be winning anything for decades. Getting to a semi flattered us. Just the reality, too many bang average players with maybe 2-3 who can claim to be top level on a very good day..France would have beat us comfortably anyway.

Harsh, but true. Missing that ‘flare’ player. A Gazza or le tissier type

8 hours ago, steve garwood said:

Harsh, but true. Missing that ‘flare’ player. A Gazza or le tissier type

Seaman

neviile terry ferdinand cole

beckham scholes lampard gerrard

shearer owen

If those lads couldnt win a tournament we have absoloutely no chance with this lot, we missed our opportunity 10-20 yrs ago.

its not coming home anytime soon im afraid.