Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro production nightmare

WCF

Help Support WCF:

65 psi was much higher than we had in our 450gpd days and we run that without a booster pump. At 250ppm tap water tds the r/o rejection rate was 4ppm. We had 40psi w/p @Iron Giant

The reason why my mate fitted a booster pump is that he has a 300gpd and it wasn't producing enough water for his daily requirements, especially when he had a second cleaner working with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
65 psi was much higher than we had in our 450gpd days and we run that without a booster pump. At 250ppm tap water tds the r/o rejection rate was 4ppm. We had 40psi w/p [mention=3115]Iron Giant[/mention]

The reason why my mate fitted a booster pump is that he has a 300gpd and it wasn't producing enough water for his daily requirements, especially when he had a second cleaner working with him.
Tap tds is 79 so it's got too be the membranes?????

County Durham Lad

Have had a look at the pump that Pure Freedom advertise and do not see any specification in their listing. The Aquatec 8800 series are three different model types. Which one they sell I cannot tell.

It is also claimed it is suitable for 200/300/450 R/O system. For pressure yes they are correct but for output far off the mark.

The key is looking at the specification. If this was the top model then the best you will get of pure is 400 ml per minute approx..

If you ticked all the boxes flow and pressure then the 450 gpd is capable of 1.1 litres a minute so to me it does look like it is not suitable for 450 gpd system.

Have had a look at the pump that Pure Freedom advertise and do not see any specification in their listing. The Aquatec 8800 series are three different model types. Which one they sell I cannot tell.

It is also claimed it is suitable for 200/300/450 R/O system. For pressure yes they are correct but for output far off the mark.

The key is looking at the specification. If this was the top model then the best you will get of pure is 400 ml per minute approx..

If you ticked all the boxes flow and pressure then the 450 gpd is capable of 1.1 litres a minute so to me it does look like it is not suitable for 450 gpd system.
Not sure if this will help as numbers are affected. I did all that you recommended when we spoke on the phone today and production of pure is still now down to the barely a trickle with or without the booster pump the flow of produces pure doesn't improve at all all. 20180710_174753.jpg

County Durham Lad

That pump is not suitable

I have an answer from the tech team and having it on flush for such a long time will foul up the membranes hence slow production.

The last membrane that goes into the flow restrictor disconnect the blue tube from the T- Piece and if you can measure how long it takes to do say 400 ml and the ppm. Then soak the membrane in white vinegar must be covered for about an hour then insert back and flush for 10 mins. Then repeat the readings again and hopefully this will have unclogged it.

That pump is not suitable

I have an answer from the tech team and having it on flush for such a long time will foul up the membranes hence slow production.

The last membrane that goes into the flow restrictor disconnect the blue tube from the T- Piece and if you can measure how long it takes to do say 400 ml and the ppm. Then soak the membrane in white vinegar must be covered for about an hour then insert back and flush for 10 mins. Then repeat the readings again and hopefully this will have unclogged it.
Thanks @doug atkinson I assume i am stuck with the pump now ☹️, As for the white vinegar I am guessing they didn't mean white malt vinegar but the other type which is used for cleaning etc

So changed membranes for brand new ones and I certain I can have connected everything correctly as I do them one by one.

Pure production is still virtually non existent just a tiny trickle, tap tds is 56ppm and water pressure on 60 psi when I flush the ro the pure reading is 5ppm but on the production its 23ppm [emoji20] 20180715_095218.jpg20180715_095230.jpg20180715_095246.jpg

County Durham Lad

Flow from the pre filters is good but when it passes through No1 membrane the output from the membrane is just dripping out and the tds is 11ppm and continues to rise as it goes through each membrane. [emoji17]

I don't have any new pre-filters to change the ones I have and the booster pump when I re-connected it does increase the pure production flow but the tds doesn't drop but all seems to go pete tong with the membranes 

County Durham Lad

Your third picture it does not look connected that way nothing going to the membrane but connected to the waste pipe (red),

If you have done that you could have damaged the flow restrictor

At the time I took that photo I didn't have the pump connected at all and the red pipe coming out of the pump was just spare hose I had to hand and in the pic it does look like that but the red pipe out of no3 membrane is going directly to the flow restrictor as normal

County Durham Lad

Iron Giant said:
At the time I took that photo I didn't have the pump connected at all and the red pipe coming out of the pump was just spare hose I had to hand and in the pic it does look like that but the red pipe out of no3 membrane is going directly to the flow restrictor as normal

County Durham Lad
Hey presto 20180715_171916.jpg

County Durham Lad

I think I will be on the phone first thing in the morning to order a brand new RO as it has got me totally beat down despite all the help from multiple people and @THL4KEL whose has been a diamond lending me a Di vessel for the second time in the last week which will have seen me completing 4 days work by the end of Tuesday otherwise I would have lost 4 days work

County Durham Lad

Flowing like a river pure reading is 6ppm which is to be expected I guess with no pre filters. Thanks Doug your a legend

County Durham Lad

I will organise a order for pre filters and leave the ro off until pre filters are replaced on Tuesday

County Durham Lad

Once the CFB Plus is exhausted it will cause pressure drop. Also if it has a crack in the filter I have known it to reduce the flow in the membrane.

You could try and put one filter at at time to see which was is the problem.

Back