Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro production nightmare

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It looks correct if you are running the waste from 1st membrane to second and waste from 2nd to 3rd? Does that not clog up the 2nd and 3rd membrane very quickly or is your tap tds very low to start with?

Is it worth checking the flow after the filters, then after pump, then just 1 membrane at a time? That might show you where the flow is slowing down?

It looks correct if you are running the waste from 1st membrane to second and waste from 2nd to 3rd? Does that not clog up the 2nd and 3rd membrane very quickly or is your tap tds very low to start with?

Is it worth checking the flow after the filters, then after pump, then just 1 membrane at a time? That might show you where the flow is slowing down?
That's a normal set up on an R/O my tap tds is around 70ppm, 

No slow flow this post was started years ago, I just dropped the question in yesterday rather starting a new post

That’s exactly what I thought when looking at it. On my RO the feed from the prefilters goes into each of my three membranes. At the other end I have a pure feed and waste feed coming out of each membrane. They just all join back together. 

Excuse the bad photos and cobwebs ?

BB22F1DF-E5BA-4411-95B2-D139BA90C47D.jpeg

05858162-F7BC-448C-AA44-7C2C70E56769.jpeg

That’s exactly what I thought when looking at it. On my RO the feed from the prefilters goes into each of my three membranes. At the other end I have a pure feed and waste feed coming out of each membrane. They just all join back together. 

Excuse the bad photos and cobwebs ?

View attachment 23228

View attachment 23229
I think running waste through membrane is OK when your tds is so low (70tds). It's a great way to reduce your waste water though. It would be interesting to do the calcs on membrane costs vs waste water costs but I think running waste through membrane also speeds up production.

I think your setup is more normal for higher tds.

Back