Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's everyone's plans for 2020?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I think you will find this  course only covers “ training” on biocides not the use of hypo based products . 
I didn’t know that. The only other course I know of is Darrans and I’ve heard that’s basically a sales pitch for his products I’m going to get some more info on them both before fully committing 

I didn’t know that. The only other course I know of is Darrans and I’ve heard that’s basically a sales pitch for his products I’m going to get some more info on them both before fully committing 

Darrens course is mainly about the use of hypo based products the other guy is just about bio products, I would suggest you need to decide which products you want to use and then do the appropriate course , when I did darrens course there was no hard sell you had to ask him about seeing his systems , I found the course both interesting and informative and learned a lot mornings were in the classroom afternoons out softwashing buildings very hands on , if you did both courses it would cost around 1k , I already had reasonable  knowledge of both , but still found it beneficial , both bio and hypo products need to be used with care as they can be hazardous if you want instant clean it has to be hypo , if you are prepared to wait a few months bio might be for you , I always explain both products and how they work , so far in 15 years only one customer has opted for the bio route , but it does have its uses , I did my paths with bio 6 months ago they are now just as bad as they were before I did them , I find doing them with hypo gives around a years algi free clean finish , I will be doing them with hypo in feb/March time, I would suggest trying  both on your own property to see the results how long they take to work and how long the results last this will give you more incite to be able to advise customers 

I like the sound of the free funding. How do I go about Chris33 applying for the free funding? Cheers mate
Give business gateway a call. Have a chat and a coffee with them, and april to april you'll get offered this. We have to pay the course first then we get reimbursement 

Perhaps we can take the trip down south for one or two together. 

Yea, parked next to you, did a slow shop & you was still there when I came out, just live 2 minutes up the road? Nice van!
Ah cool! Yeh tower was manic that night, was stuck for a while down near the cinema, so Parked up by the Tesco in the end.

What areas do you cover?

Oh and new Star Wars isn’t great btw ??

Keep on doing what I am doing and stay ahead of the competition although there is always room for some improvement, I will continue to refine my rounds also I am looking to grow my rounds a bit more maybe 50 or so more jobs, which will not see me overstretched. 

Do a bank job 

Two have been done up here in the last week, it must be catching on. ?

Keep on doing what I am doing and stay ahead of the competition although there is always room for some improvement, I will continue to refine my rounds also I am looking to grow my rounds a bit more maybe 50 or so more jobs, which will not see me overstretched. 

Put your money into equipment like I have done, unless you have it all. I only have one thing left to do and that's to fit both reels with Exceed hoseless kits. Will do it this week when I get a dry spell. I'm still looking into a 5.5 ton Man Van but only if my accountant says its a goer. ?

Give business gateway a call. Have a chat and a coffee with them, and april to april you'll get offered this. We have to pay the course first then we get reimbursement 

Perhaps we can take the trip down south for one or two together. 

I was on the first Softwashing course by Mick Conway and his Paramedic mate. I will say if was well worth the £500 that I paid for it. I would go on it again if he has built his softwashing module. He was refining it when I went on his course. I went to Business Gateway 4yrs ago but thought it was a waste of time because they had no funding to give out. Will probably drop in again in January because they are only a couple of miles away and see any new developments, they may even help me with buying a new van or going limited company and will update the forum.

Put your money into equipment like I have done, unless you have it all. I only have one thing left to do and that's to fit both reels with Exceed hoseless kits. Will do it this week when I get a dry spell. I'm still looking into a 5.5 ton Man Van but only if my accountant says its a goer. ?
I am not as fortunate as you with your pension, so I need to do a lot of saving over the next 20 years, also my van is fully kitted out so I have no need to spend money just for the sake of it, one van, one man is all I need to cater for, long term I intend on reducing my expenses and maximising my profit as much as possible as the amount of extra tax I will pay is negligible. 

I am not as fortunate as you with your pension, so I need to do a lot of saving over the next 20 years, also my van is fully kitted out so I have no need to spend money just for the sake of it, one van, one man is all I need to cater for, long term I intend on reducing my expenses and maximising my profit as much as possible as the amount of extra tax I will pay is negligible. 

There's another thing we could all do to increase our business, new skills. I fitted two soil pipe brackets and replaced a pvc downpipe, which was fully blocked yesterday. All in all 2hrs it took me but I did get soaked grinding into the old downpipe. Received £200 and the material cost me £50 and then went a few streets away to clear a gutter for £50. Anyone of us can do it, all you need is a grinder, hammer drill, screw drill and all must be battery type. Once we have gained our customers confidence then they come to us for advice on their property maintenance. I am a Joiner to trade and this was the first thing that struck me by becoming a window cleaner, the add-ons. There's a vast amount of small jobs that they need done and no one seems to want to do them bar me. Other windies refuse point blank to clean upvc and some won't even clear gutters. I realised that when I had started cleaning windows that I had stumbled on a worker's paradise and took full advantage of it and didn't need to stand on anyones toes to get it. My customers told me handymen want bigger jobs and their window cleaners were too busy and not really interested, that's why I'm getting busier each month with work begetting work. Fixed a leaking roof with CT1 and then my customer asked me to fix her mother in law's roof leak because her window cleaner stood on the plastic roof vent. Around I went and CT1 again was used till I pick up a new roof vent. She is not happy with window cleaner standing on her roof but if he had a wfp he wouldn't have to. I might end up getting the window cleaning job for a tenner a month which is dearer but she doesn't need to replace her kitchen ceiling every 5yrs. ?

There's another thing we could all do to increase our business, new skills. I fitted two soil pipe brackets and replaced a pvc downpipe, which was fully blocked yesterday. All in all 2hrs it took me but I did get soaked grinding into the old downpipe. Received £200 and the material cost me £50 and then went a few streets away to clear a gutter for £50. Anyone of us can do it, all you need is a grinder, hammer drill, screw drill and all must be battery type. Once we have gained our customers confidence then they come to us for advice on their property maintenance. I am a Joiner to trade and this was the first thing that struck me by becoming a window cleaner, the add-ons. There's a vast amount of small jobs that they need done and no one seems to want to do them bar me. Other windies refuse point blank to clean upvc and some won't even clear gutters. I realised that when I had started cleaning windows that I had stumbled on a worker's paradise and took full advantage of it and didn't need to stand on anyones toes to get it. My customers told me handymen want bigger jobs and their window cleaners were too busy and not really interested, that's why I'm getting busier each month with work begetting work. Fixed a leaking roof with CT1 and then my customer asked me to fix her mother in law's roof leak because her window cleaner stood on the plastic roof vent. Around I went and CT1 again was used till I pick up a new roof vent. She is not happy with window cleaner standing on her roof but if he had a wfp he wouldn't have to. I might end up getting the window cleaning job for a tenner a month which is dearer but she doesn't need to replace her kitchen ceiling every 5yrs. ?
I see you enjoy doing a wide variety of work and never get bored,but I'm quite the opposite I like to just stick to window cleaning and maybe do a few corny roofs and fsg's in the spring and summer months which although paying well are more tiring.

My favourite jobs are tight, estate maintenance cleans.

We're all different which is what makes it interesting. 

Are you insured to do this? I'm not saying you do a bad job on them but if you do you are potentially leaving yourself open to large claims.

Latest Posts

Back