Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bit hot hear today ????

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It's the difference there can be between the temperature in a general area and the temperature in a microclimate near to it. Death Valley for instance where the heat of the sun is concentrated in a breezeless basin. Or for us cleaning in a sun trapped corner between a white painted house and a conservatory or a white extension. My side alley is a suntrap in the afternoon and the wall thermometer often reads a fair bit higher than the surrounding garden area. In the winter it can be colder in a valley or basin than up on a hillside where it would normally be colder. This is caused by temperatures inversion. The high, cold air sinks because it is heavier than the warmer air and gets trapped in the valley.

Things aren't always straightforward enough to fit simply into a pigeon hole. ?

They arnt a bad van , I had one for a day as a demo but it’s not something I would buy reminded me of my renault cheap plastic and silver painted trim , and lots of issues that ford denied and will do nothing about , stop start ,battery life and charging issues , security , easy to break into , fracturing alloy wheels ,just to name a few etc I think they appeal to the boy racers with all the trim and big alloys but that’s not practical for a working van looks nice for a day van or camper though . 
My van hasn’t had any issues. It’s had updates, but been bang on.

Absolutely practical for my work 

on warm days like these i always put 2 sports bottles out of my fridge into the freezer(one just water and another squash)as soon as i get up in the morning so by the time i leave for work they are a bit frozen,keeps them cold all day.....

thank god for air con!i dont know how i managed without it in the old vans i used to drive!

have a great day chaps!?

Nonsense. Just watched the weather and they said the highest temperature in the country today was 25.
All temps on the weather forecast are measured in the shade so they can have a consistent measurement.. it can quite often be a lot hotter in the sunshine.

My mates son is one of those amateur weather bods with all the equipment in a box in the shade in the garden and they have to measure it there not in the sunlight. 

All temps on the weather forecast are measured in the shade so they can have a consistent measurement.. it can quite often be a lot hotter in the sunshine.

My mates son is one of those amateur weather bods with all the equipment in a box in the shade in the garden and they have to measure it there not in the sunlight. 
I’m just paraphrasing the meteorologist ?

on warm days like these i always put 2 sports bottles out of my fridge into the freezer(one just water and another squash)as soon as i get up in the morning so by the time i leave for work they are a bit frozen,keeps them cold all day.....

thank god for air con!i dont know how i managed without it in the old vans i used to drive!

have a great day chaps!?
A top tip for those without air con. When it’s boiling hot always drive around with all your windows fully closed.

That way you’ll fool others into thinking that you have air con ??

I find it very interesting as well. Moon phases and the effects on tides, sea swells, wind direction, air pressure (I use an old style barometer and Windy app on my phone to compare and cross reference the information). I enjoy looking at a weather map with the different air pressure isobars and working out how they interact and what I think will happen over the next few days. Just another of my interests but very handy for sea kayak trip planning and for work. It's an interest I developed when I was doing a lot of sea angling in Ireland years ago. The local radio weather reports told you what was happening on the day not what was coming for the next few days. I've not yet been able to get to grips with identifying and interpreting cloud formations though. Still got a bit of work on that one. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not in the slightest bit envious, great for weekends but washing windows in the high 20's / early 30's no thanks. I'm in Cambridge week after next and hoping the temperatures dip a little when I'm down there.
Agreed - it can get too hot.  Yesterday was around 24C and any hotter than that is horrid.  I just put on Factor 50 which prevents any burning and in turn, keeps me a little more comfortable.

So my advice to you young man, is bring your Factor 50 suncream  :2_thumbs_up_-_animated:

Back