Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bit hot hear today ????

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Agreed - it can get too hot.  Yesterday was around 24C and any hotter than that is horrid.  I just put on Factor 50 which prevents any burning and in turn, keeps me a little more comfortable.

So my advice to you young man, is bring your Factor 50 suncream  :2_thumbs_up_-_animated:
I have never put suncream on for work, don't wear a hat, as I'm not hair challenged like some on here, and don't wear sunglasses. I find keeping well hydrated, both during and after work, works for me.

Soaking here in Essex from 11.00 onwards. 
completely unworkable. 
It’s Friday so it doesn’t matter though????
I normally have Mondays off, but looked out the window this morning and thought sod it, and had today off as well.

Spent the day slaving over my firestick and slurping tea ?.

Talking of slurping, it’s that wonderful time again. Have a great weekend fellow windies, pub time ?????‍??

I have never put suncream on for work, don't wear a hat, as I'm not hair challenged like some on here, and don't wear sunglasses. I find keeping well hydrated, both during and after work, works for me.

A9CDBD07-6F6D-49DD-9244-FE80A3E9809B.jpeg

I recall one day last summer I ran out of suncream.  All my exposed skin was burning in the sun and it made me extremely unproductive as I was struggling in the heat.

The following day I had my Factor 50 on and noticed the difference significantly.  It really does help to regulate temperature by preventing any burning.  

I've never been one for wearing sunglasses or hats when out and about but since I've started window cleaning, I find that I can't do without them (and I have a full head of hair!).

i dont know how you can clean windows in the hot sunshine without polarised sunglasses and suncream......what about when the sun is glaring on the glass or just above the roofline and your cleaning an upper window?as for no sun cream thats just plain stupid....

never underestimate how dim some window cleaners are!?

I recall one day last summer I ran out of suncream.  All my exposed skin was burning in the sun and it made me extremely unproductive as I was struggling in the heat.

The following day I had my Factor 50 on and noticed the difference significantly.  It really does help to regulate temperature by preventing any burning.  

I've never been one for wearing sunglasses or hats when out and about but since I've started window cleaning, I find that I can't do without them (and I have a full head of hair!).
I ware  sunglasses all year round as I find the glare gives me a headache as my pupils don’t constrict enough to cut out the bright lite , I squint even on dull days without them 

I normally have Mondays off, but looked out the window this morning and thought sod it, and had today off as well.

Spent the day slaving over my firestick and slurping tea ?.

Talking of slurping, it’s that wonderful time again. Have a great weekend fellow windies, pub time ?????‍??

View attachment 24868
You being strawberry blond won't help you. I think working on furnaces for years has toughened the skin ? Different matter in the sun abroad, but have found a SP30 from Calypso that is waterproof, non oily and lasts all day. keep away from your eyes though and don't breathe in when applying to your face. The secret is NOT to rub it in, only need it once a day in St Lucia, and it's hot there.

i dont know how you can clean windows in the hot sunshine without polarised sunglasses and suncream......what about when the sun is glaring on the glass or just above the roofline and your cleaning an upper window?as for no sun cream thats just plain stupid....

Some people manage, some people find excuses. I must be in the first bracket and you the second. Then again I didn't spend 20 years taking drugs so I wonder who's the dumbest ? 

Don't they wear mini skirts and cropped tops up North in the middle of winter?  Nothing surprises me ?

Lol but ask him what he did before window cleaning and how much he earned, he took up window  cleaning to give his son  a job he didn’t need to work  ????
And I don’t think part timer mentions his earnings 3 times a day. Or his new golf or the fact he does 5 hour days ? and tells us everyday just in case we didn’t hear ?

Lol but ask him what he did before window cleaning and how much he earned, he took up window  cleaning to give his son  a job he didn’t need to work  ????
I wouldn't go as far as to say I don't need to work but I don't need to earn from window cleaning as I have another small business that generates enough for me to survive.

I need to  clean windows to keep me in beer, meals out and holidays ?

I ware  sunglasses all year round as I find the glare gives me a headache as my pupils don’t constrict enough to cut out the bright lite , I squint even on dull days without them 
You must have blue eyes then?

Photophobia it's called.

I have it and my dad did also.

Back