davewindowcleaner

No Tools Left In This Vehicle Overnight stickers

davewindowcleaner

Got one of these stickers for my van but my Gf reckon it asking for trouble mentioning no tools, she thinks it might make someone break in to check if I am really carrying tools or not.

Smurf

I always thought like your GF putting a sticker on your van like that would attract scumbags too

Gavin

Yeah probably would. People see wfp vans out all the time now and clearly see tanks etc in them. Unless you plan to take EVERYTHING out each night. But again the sticker might just say go on give it a try see what's in here.

davewindowcleaner

:oops: she just shouted at me '' I told you so!''

What about getting sign writing on my van? She think I would also be better off getting magnet sign writing so I can remove it at night

cheapncheerful

she does come across as very clever that girlfriend maybe she should be your manager..:D

Gavin
:oops: she just shouted at me '' I told you so!''

What about getting sign writing on my van? She think I would also be better off getting magnet sign writing so I can remove it at night

Maybe but for me personally I don't think magnet ones look as professional.

davewindowcleaner
she does come across as very clever that girlfriend maybe she should be your manager..:D

I think she already is mate, it our van not my seeing she has put some money toward it.

davewindowcleaner

I wonder how many people on here have been unlucky to have their van broken into.

cheapncheerful

I will not say anything about women being in control after thirty years of marriage...

okay....they are:D

I have an estate car and never had a problem..but I do cover stuff up and always lock my ladders on.

kev

A garage would be ideal with two rottweilers in it and a good alarm system just for extra security

kev

I got two front ladder clamps stole off my van during the night last week lol and i live in the city centre surrounded by cctv, haven't put the padlocks on for a while but i do now.Worst thing was i never noticed until i got to work i'm just glad the ladders never came off

cheapncheerful

nothings safe ....toe rags...glad the ladders didnt come off as that is really dangerous..

Gavin
I got two front ladder clamps stole off my van during the night last week lol and i live in the city centre surrounded by cctv, haven't put the padlocks on for a while but i do now.Worst thing was i never noticed until i got to work i'm just glad the ladders never came off

Gees glad they stayed on!

davewindowcleaner
Maybe but for me personally I don't think magnet ones look as professional.

Maybe if i get a sign written something like ''window cleaning services'' instead of water fed pole on the van which hopefully keep the bastards away.

Gavin

I dunno I don't think it would make much difference. Maybe it would a bit. Don't think you really need to put wfp on anyway.

kev
nothings safe ....toe rags...glad the ladders didnt come off as that is really dangerous..

Yeah i know, i was lucky

Alien Human

Appreciate the concerns everyone has mentioned and they are valid..........but personally I would never compromise the choice of vehicle, the sign writing etc etc due to a fear of being burgled etc.

My house got burgled last year but my family are all ok and the insurance covered everything. That experience never made me think about moving house though as I've got every chance of getting burgled there too :)

Appreciate not everyone will be able to do this but reversing your van / vehicle right up to a wall is the best form of security in my eyes.

kev

All right just put the girlfriend in the garage instead of the rotweilers :rof: